52 Weeks of Sharing Memories (Week 7): Remembering Mom

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2011
      This is Week 7 of our second set of 52 weeks of topics for readers (and me!)
      to start a genealogy journal. Please join us for Sharing Memories - A
      Genealogy Journey<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/12/sharing-memories-genealogy-journey.html>We
      focus on memories of our parents, grandparents and others. We write
      for
      our children and grandchildren, that the memories are not lost over time. I
      hope you are keeping a journal, whether it is private or public, and joining
      us as we write our memoirs.

      In Week 5 we remembered our fathers, in Week 6 we talked about our siblings.
      This week it's Mom's turn! Whether your Mom is gone or still with you,
      please take some time to record your memories of times spent with her.

      What was your favorite moment you remember spending with your mom?

      What things did your Mom do for you that were special?

      What do you remember most about your Mom?

      What do you want your children and grand-children to know about your Mom?

      My mother was a character. She wasn't into being a "mom" but she was into
      living life to the fullest and that is what she taught me. She was fiercely
      independent and proud and she taught me that you cannot depend on others to
      take care of you. You must be self-sufficient in all ways, and make your own
      way in the world.

      Continue reading, and join us with your own memories at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy
      Blog<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/02/52-weeks-of-sharing-memories-week-7.html>at
      2/13/2011 08:18:00 AM

      --
      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter