Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Arrived at Salt Lake City for RootsTech!

Expand Messages
  • Olive Tree Genealogy
    Well, I m here! I just checked in at my hotel in Salt Lake City. My journey began on Sunday at noon when I left for The City and an overnight stay at a Hotel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2011
      Well, I'm here! I just checked in at my hotel in Salt Lake City. My journey
      began on Sunday at noon when I left for "The City" and an overnight stay at
      a Hotel near the Airport. 4:30 am came mighty early! But I was up and ready
      to go by 5:15 (not bad).

      Customs was easy as pie at the Airport. I was expecting a hassle or
      nightmare or both but the airport personnel were helpful and pleasant. It
      was a very small plane for the first leg of our journey to Denver Colorado.
      And we were in the very last row of seats right by the washrooms. Not
      pleasant. But on the bright side, I didn't have far to walk and so didn't
      have to use my cane from my seat to the washrooms. Yay!

      Wheelchairs were there and waiting at each step of the journey so that was a
      nice bonus. Then came the last leg, from Denver to Salt Lake City. A bigger
      plane, more comfortable seats but a few annoyances. You know the kind you
      get when travelling anywhere - a guy in the seat behind me kicking and
      pushing on my seat the entire flight. Guy two seats away (same row) using
      his iPad as a torture device by flashing the sun in my eyes the entire
      flight. Guy beside me playing his iPod so loudly that even with his earbuds
      I could hear every word. And worst of all, a baby that messed its diaper and
      wasn't changed... But onward and upward, grin and bear it, we arrived safe
      and sound about 2:30 local time.

      Took the Express Shuttle (only $8.00 per person) to our hotel and checked in
      with no problems. Just before we went to our room I grabbed a Cappuccino at
      the coffee shop in our hotel lobby. Oh boy was it ever good!

      Interestingly enough when we finally got into our room with our luggage and
      coffees in hand, it was exactly 12 hours since we got up this morning. It's
      a journey but one I'm so excited to be on!

      Discovered I left some clothing at home that I wanted, so tomorrow will go
      shopping for half a day and hit the Family History Library the other half.
      Tonight I hope to meet up with Joan Miller, another RootsTech Official
      Blogger, and perhaps one or two other early arrivals.

      You can follow my Tweets on Twitter at @LorineMS and Joan's Tweets at
      @Luxegen. We'll be tweeting non-stop about RootsTech (starting this
      Thursday) and I'll be Tweeting about my adventures in the days leading up to

      But now I'm going to lie down and have a short nap! It's been a long two

      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy
      2/07/2011 05:41:00 PM

      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter

      Olive Tree Genealogy

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.