Ships Passenger Lists to New Netherland (New York...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2011
      Hello everyone,

      If you have early 17th century ancestors in New Netherland
      <http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/>(present day New York) you may be
      among the majority who are confused by the available ships passenger lists
      for that time period.

      Researchers need to understand that all "passenger lists" for travel from
      the Netherlands to New Netherland between 1654 and 1664 came from
      information on the debit side of the West India Company Account Book. This
      book showed who owed money when they arrived.

      Information from the credit side (those passengers who paid prior to their
      passage) has not been published.

      The list of those who owed money on arrival in New Netherland has been
      published but this brings us to a caveat. Researchers must be very cautious
      about which version they are using. Many of the early versions are incorrect
      or missing names.

      (rest of article edited for this email, you may continue reading at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com )

      You can view these reconstructed and new passenger lists at
      Ships Passenger Lists to New
      Netherland<http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/ships/> at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/ships/

      This is an Olive Tree Genealogy exclusive. If you find my reconstructed
      lists on any other websites I'd appreciate a note letting me know. Sadly,
      plagiarism and copyright violations are in full force on the internet.

      --
      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy
      Blog<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/01/ships-passenger-lists-to-new-netherland.html>at

      --
      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS