Interview with Schelly Talalay Dardashti, RootsTech Presenter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      I have an exciting interview today with Schelly Talalay Dardashti, one of
      the presenters at the upcoming RootsTech
      Conference<http://rootstech.familysearch.org/>in February.

      Schelly focuses on Jewish genealogy as a journalist, blogger, online
      instructor and speaker. Her blog Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy
      Blog <http://tracingthetribe.blogspot.com/> is the top-ranked, award
      winning blog in this niche.

      Schelly's Session at RootsTech is on Friday Feb. 11 at 9:45 am. The title is
      *It's in Our Genes: Revealing History via Technology (A DNA Project Case
      Study) *

      Schelly kindly agreed to me interviewing her about this upcoming session.
      Her responses not only provide a clear understanding of what her session
      will cover, I am sure you will find, as I did, that you have a better
      understanding of the use of DNA in Genealogy.

      Following are my questions and Schelly's answers.

      **Q:* *What is your background or interest in the topic you are presenting?*

      *I grew up in an Eastern European Ashkenazi family that had been in Mogilev,
      Belarus since the 1700s. However, the family story was that �Talalay was our
      name in Spain� and that we were Sephardic Jews. No one in the family
      believed it, everyone laughed at the idea, but it was faithfully passed down
      to each generation.*
      **
      Continue reading Schelly's Interview at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/01/interview-with-schelly-talalay.html
      --
      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy
      Blog<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/01/interview-with-schelly-talalay.html>at

      --
      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS