[Olive Tree Genealogy Blog] A Sad Day for Genealogists with New Netherland (N...

  • Genealogy Blogger
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2010
      After 15 years and 60 issues, New Netherland Connections is ending.
      Dorothy Koenig, editor and founder of this wonderful newsletter, is
      turning her attention to other genealogical projects.

      New Netherland Connections was a boon to those of us with ancestors who
      settled in New Netherland (present day New York). Scholarly yet
      readable articles by genealogists were the norm in this quarterly.
      Every issue brought new facts and discussions to our attention.

      I was privileged to have been a contributing author to New Netherland
      Connections in 1999 and 2001. Dorothy's expertise in the study of New
      Netherland was invaluable to my own writing.

      Back issues of New Netherland Connections are available to members of
      the New England Historic Genealogical Society at
      http://americanancestors.org/

      Kudos to Dorothy for her hard work and perserverance in publishing New
      Netherland Connections for the past 15 years. I wish to thank Dorothy
      for her efforts to aid in the continuing education and knowledge of New
      Netherland Settlers and history.

      --
      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy Blog at 12/18/2010
      03:12:00 AM