October News

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Hello everyone

      It's getting quite chilly in my neck of the woods and we've had to
      give in and turn the furnace on! Our Canadian Thanksgiving is over and
      that was quite hectic (but enjoyable) with seeing family and friends.

      Now it's time to start gearing up for Hallowe'en and (gulp) Christmas!
      I like to get my Christmas shopping done by end of October so I have
      to get cracking. This year I am giving each of my adult children
      copies of my recently published Family Tree & History books. I'm
      determined to create an interest in genealogy in each of them!

      I also have an idea for Christmas gifts to family that all readers
      might be interested in - and I'll be talking about that on my blog
      sometime after November 28th. I've also got a fun topic in mind for
      Sharing Memories (Genealogy Journal Writing) for Week 48 which happens
      to fall on Sunday October 31st. Why not join us that day at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      ********************************
      Here's what's been happening in October. On my Olive Tree Genealogy
      Blog, (http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com) the following posts
      were published:

      * If I Had a Genealogy Time Machine....

      * Movie Monday: 2 Cemetery Walks in Ontario Canada
      Movie Monday is a new Theme I've started. Every Monday I
      upload to Olive Tree Genealogy Channel on YouTube a video of a
      cemetery or ships passenger list or... whatever set of records I have
      that suits a slide-show video presentation. It's at
      http://www.youtube.com/user/OliveTreeGenealogy?feature=mhum Extra
      photos are uploaded to http://AncestorsAtRest.com website to
      complement the online videos.

      * Sharing Memories (Week 46): First Job
      Sharing Memories is a 52 week set of topics for Genealogy
      Journal Writing. If you have not seen this series please do take a
      minute to take a look. I encourage everyone to join in, either
      privately or online as comments on the blog posts or on your own
      blogs.

      * The Massey China Comes Home
      The story of a journey of a family heirloom

      * Featured Database: Ships & Passengers from Balearic Islands to
      Florida 1768 - The Turnball Venture

      * Salt Lake Christmas Tour 2010 for Genealogists

      * YouTube & Genealogy
      An explanation of how to use YouTube to find videos of your
      ancestor's home towns, villages and cities

      These are only a few of the October topics at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      ********************************

      Over on AskOliveTree blog (http://askolivetree.blogspot.com) I've had
      some challenging and interesting questions from readers! I encourage
      you to submit your own brick wall or challenge to me at
      askolivetree@... I'd love to tackle another tough mystery!

      For new items in September, please visit
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0910.shtml There are lots of
      interesting uploads and blog post items there!

      Wishing you Good Genealogy Hunting,

      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS