Please ignore SPOOF and SPAM email posted from "Sonia"

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 4:51 AM

      Recently someone calling themselves SONIA posted from my email address (otg@...). The message they sent had nothing to do with genealogy. It's SPAM.

      "Sonia" does not have access to my email account, they spoofed it and the message looks like it's from me but it is not. However since the message looks like it came from my legitimate email, Yahoo allowed the post to make it to our newsletter.

      I can't stop this. I have our newsletter set up so that I am the only person who can post to it. There is nothing more I can do.

      Today I'm blocking my own email for posting and setting up a new one. That way "Sonia" the spoofer-spammer will be blocked if they try to send another from my spoofed email addy.

      But the bottom line is:

      If you get an email that LOOKS like it's from me but it's not signed with my name, it's not from me

      If it LOOKS like it's from me and it's got my name but it has NOTHING to do with genealogy, it's not from me.

      Rest assured I'm doing my best to block these annoying scummy people from ruining our newsletter experience.

      And now - back to genealogy!

      Over on Sharing Memories: A Genealogy Journey, we are talking about births and baptisms. http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      We've also been talking about organizing and preserving family photos on the same blog so please take a minute and have a look at some of the terrific ideas! There are 2 posts called FLOUNDERING IN A SEA OF PHOTOGRAPHS http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/07/not-floundering-quite-as-much-in-my-sea.html

      Enjoy!
      Lorine (the real person)