April Happenings on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      Well, it's April and a perfect time for Spring Cleaning.
      Spring cleaning your genealogy that is! If you are like me,
      your genealogy files are in a mess.

      I have filing cabinets chock full of file folders which are
      chock full of papers.

      I have dozens of clear plastic tubs full of assorted
      genealogy papers.

      I have a desk that defies the laws of gravity with its
      towers of papers.

      In short I have a mess that I have the best intentions
      every year to clean up.

      Read about my plan to accomplish this at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/04/spring-
      cleaning-your-genealogy.html or http://bit.ly/bnmwrC

      *******************
      CIVIL WAR FASHIONS AND PHOTOGRAPHY

      I'm very excited to announce that my article on Civil War
      Fashions and how to use them to date old photgraphs, has
      been published in the April issue of Shades of the
      Departed. You can read this magazine online at
      http://bit.ly/shapril

      The long URL is
      http://issuu.com/shadesofthedeparted/docs/april-issue

      It's a marvellous magazine and I hope you enjoy it! My
      article starts on page 46 and is called "Civil War
      Costume"

      *******************
      WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

      Who Do You Think You Are with Spike Lee airs tonight. It's
      the last episode of this series. But the good news is that
      NBC has picked it up for another season!

      See http://bit.ly/ctFSyf or
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/04/who-do-you-
      think-you-are-with-spike-lee.html

      *******************

      SHARING MEMORIES: A GENEALOGY JOURNAL

      This is Week 22 of our 52 weeks of Sharing Memories - A
      Genealogy Journey Journal. I hope you'll join us with your
      memories! Write them down - you don't have to share them.
      Your memories can be private - write them in a journal at
      home, or they can be shared publicly on OliveTreeGenealogy
      Blog or on your own Blog.

      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/04/sharing-
      memories-week-22-your-prom.html

      or http://bit.ly/bBOlaR

      *******************
      WEEKLY FEATURED DATABASE

      I hope you've been following the weekly featured genealogy
      databases I post on http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/
      A new database is posted every Wednesday so be sure to
      check to see if there is something that might help you in
      your search for ancestors

      *******************
      ASK OLIVE TREE

      Do you need help finding an ancestor? Do you have a
      genealogy question you would like to ask me? Do you want to
      know where to find certain genealogy records? Let me help!
      Every day I will choose one question to answer.

      Check out the blog at http://askolivetree.blogspot.com/
      then send your challenge to me at
      AskOliveTree@...

      Well that's it for now, I hope you are all having great
      success with your genealogy!

      * Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/LorineMS
      * Olive Tree Genealogy

      olivetreegenealogy@... or