Don't Miss WDYTYA Tonight!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      Don't Miss WDYTYA tonight with Emmit Smith!

      I hope you all have your tv sets tuned to Who Do You Think
      You Are. It starts in just less than 2 hours for me and I
      can't wait!

      The tune-in numbers for the first episode of Who Do You
      Think You Are? are in, and they look promising! More than
      6.85 million viewers tuned in to watch the show making it
      the No. 2-rated show that hour.

      This Friday Emmitt Smith This week's episode is one you
      don't want to miss. Tune into NBC this Friday at 8/7c as
      former NFL football player Emmitt Smith sets out to
      discover his slavery roots. In this episode, look for the
      Monroe County Courthouse in Monroe County, Alabama, and the
      Mecklenburg County Courthouse in Mecklenburg County,
      Virginia. Lisa Kudrow calls Emmitt's episode "unbelievable"
      and the most compelling of the seven.

      Last Week's Episode featured Sarah Jessica Parker, who
      learns that her 4th great-grandfather John S. Hodge was
      among the hundreds of thousands who tried to strike it rich
      by heading West during the 1849 California Gold Rush.

      Check out the teaser to the episode featuring Emmitt or
      last week's episode with Sarah Jessica Parker at NBC unless
      you live in Canada in which case you cannot view these
      online NBC videos.

      See http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ and in the
      right side bar click on WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE for
      details of Episode 1 and reviews

      Carnival of African-American Genealogy: Slaves & Slave

      I wanted to join in this first Carnival for African-
      American genealogy for two reasons. First, I am the
      descendant of slave owners. My husband is almost certainly
      the descendant of slaves. It's an uncomfortable position
      for me even though I know logically and intellectually that
      I am not responsible for my ancestors actions.

      Read more at http://bit.ly/cRAJhd

      New Family Search Indexing Projects
      FamilySearch Indexers have a wide variety of records to
      choose from this week. Civil and church records are
      available from Argentina, Canada, France, Peru, and the
      United Kingdom. Six different groups of U.S. census records
      are also ready to be indexed.

      More at http://tiny.cc/ElNvr

      Sharing Memories (Week 15): Grandfathers

      We are on Week 15 of our 52 weeks of Sharing Memories - A
      Genealogy Journey Journal. I hope everyone will join me
      this week to share more memories! You know how happy we are
      to find an ancestor's diary or journal. Just imagine how
      excited your grandchildren or great grandchildren will be
      to read your stories in the future.

      Read the topic and some of the shared memories at

      US Census Records Free on Footnote for Limited Time
      Press Release Lindon, UT - March 11, 2010 – In order to
      encourage more people to find their ancestors and connect
      with family, Footnote.com, the web’s premier interactive
      history site, is opening all of their U.S. census documents
      for free to the public for a limited time.

      To learn how to get started with the Interactive Census,
      visit: http://go.footnote.com/discover

      Walking Step by Step Through a Census Record to Find Clues
      on http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      Continued at http://tiny.cc/OpNjk

      Do you have a challenging question? A brick wall ancestor?
      Send your queries to AskOliveTree@... Each day I
      choose one query to respond to on Ask Olive Tree blog
      Enjoy Episode 2 of WDYTYA tonight and check in tomorrow for
      my review of it at http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      -- Lorine McGinnis Schulze

      * Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/LorineMS
      * Olive Tree Genealogy