Update of AskOliveTree Q & A; Sharing Memories Journal; Finding Ancestors series

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      The Haiti earthquake is filling our minds and hearts, and many people are generously donating. If you live in Canada and wish to help, Sears Canada Inc. is now accepting donations at all retail stores.
      Donations may be made by cash or credit card.

      In addition, beginning Jan. 18, Canadians who wish to donate by phone may do so by calling Sears toll-free at 1-800-267-3277. Donations collected will be sent to the Red Cross Haiti Appeal and will be eligible to be matched by the Government of Canada. For more info visit www.sears.ca.

      ********************************

      The 12 Months of Finding Ancestors series has started with "12 Months of Finding Ancestors: Medical Records (Part 1 of a 12 Part Series)" at http://OliveTreeGenealogy.blogspot.com
      ********************************
      We are on Week 7 of our 52 weeks of Sharing Memories - A Geneaogy Journey Journal. Last Sunday I posted "Sharing Memories: Winter Meals (Week 7)" There were some interesting comments from readers! I hope everyone will join me this week (Week 8). The topic for Week 8 will be posted tomorrow.
      ********************************
      Also, here are the questions asked and answered on Ask Olive Tree blog for January http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com/

      * Finding outbound ships passenger lists from USA
      * Writing a Good Genealogy Query (revisited)
      * Where to find records of Dutch Church in Brooklyn ...
      * Jamaican Research Queries
      * Searching for ancestors in New Jersey
      * Finding a Marriage Record in Oklahoma
      * How to Find the Port of Departure on a Ships Passenger...
      * Using Google to Find Unknown Places
      * Newspapers are a great genealogy resource!
      * Finding the shtetl where an ancestor came from
      * Using Naturalization Records to find Ancestors
      * Finding a Passenger List for a Ship

      Two more questions and answers coming tomorrow and Monday are:

      Finding an ancestor in pre 1715 New York
      Finding a Canadian Naturalization Record

      That's all for today, wishing you good genealogy hunting!