October Update and Medical News

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3 6:59 AM
      Hello everyone,

      I've been rather quiet lately due to some health issues. I spent quite a bit of time in September going for medical tests - ultra sounds, CAT scans, blood work, and more blood work. Results of all tests came in last week.

      The doctors have booked me for surgery in early November so I am going to try to catch up with my genealogy websites and blogs this month. But I also have to do quite a bit of cooking to prepare meals for my hospital stay and for the 2 month recovery period afterwards. Hubby is well-intentioned but not a cook. :-)

      I am sure I will feel much better than I have in the last year, once the surgery is over. I just want my readers to know why I might be quiet for awhile, or falling behind in bringing genealogy data online.

      Meantime, I did manage to bring the following New Jersey Church Records online for genealogists to use freely

      Added to Olive Tree Genealogy New Jersey Church Records section are the following Records of the Reformed Dutch Churches of Hackensack and Schraalenburgh, New Jersey

      Membership Lists Hackensack 1695-1769 http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/usa/nj/Hackensack-Members.shtml

      Membership Lists Schraalenburgh 1797-1801

      Marriages Hackensack 1696 - 1801

      Baptisms Hackensack 1696-1783

      Consistory Records Hackensack 1701 - 1780

      or see http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ and scroll down to the article about these church records for links to the data

      I also talked about Unmarked Graves at Staten Island Cemetery Receive Grave Markers on http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      I hope everyone saw this announcement on OliveTreeGenealogy blog "National Archives and Footnote.com Announce New Digital Holocaust Collection"

      Earlier I talked about "Genealogy and Medical Problems or Family Illnesses" and for the Graveyard Rabbits Carnival I did a post on Funeral Cards

      Please drop by the blog to see what is new there.

      Just to bring you up to date on Ask Olive Tree Blog at
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com here is a list of the questions asked and answered in the last few weeks:

      Finding an Australian transported convict's parents

      Finding Ancestors in 1750s New Jersey

      Reading old handwriting on Ships Passenger Lists

      Finding the Bailey Family in Alabama or Georgia

      Where to get help with German Genealogy translations

      Finding an ancestor in Castle Garden Ships Passenger Lists

      Finding a Ships Passenger List circa 1640s to New Netherland (New York)

      Voter's Lists Abbreviations

      Obtaining a Copy of Social Security Card Application when SSN is not known

      Finding an ancestor on a Ships Passenger List in 1906

      Finding an ancestor when you have very little information

      Finding Private Grimes

      Newcomer Asks Question about Immigration Inconsistencies

      Finding an Elusive Ancestor in Census Records

      I hope you will drop by and read a few of the questions and answers, then send me your own challenging genealogy puzzle! Address your questions to askolivetree@...

      Don't forget you can follow my genealogy updates on Twitter

      You can also join the Olive Tree Genealogy interactive page
      on Facebook at

      In case you can't click on that long URL in email, you can
      also find the page at http://tiny.cc/RCHYs