Flatbush LI Church Records

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2002
      I am pleased to announce that the Olive Tree Genealogy has
      been given permission to publish online a wonderful work
      that will be of great benefit to genealogists.

      This work was the labour of Richard McCool and John
      Storm, and with Richard's assistance and permission, I am
      placing the database online for all researchers to use.

      The title of the typescript is "Coordinated Records of
      Marriages and Baptisms from the Flatbush Reformed
      Dutch Church Consistory books [1781-1872] and the
      Registers of its daughter church at New Lots [1824-
      1906]. Kings County, Long Island, New York," typescript
      1996.

      There are only two copies available to the public; one is at
      the NYG&B (NYG&B LocSH1 (B791)). The other is at The
      Bancroft Library in Berkeley, California.

      The McCool/Storm transcriptions are taken from the
      Consistory book. These are marriage and baptismal
      records NOT in the regular church books.

      I have now completed adding the full set of records on Olive
      Tree Genealogy:

      Introduction (Preface)

      Baptism records
      1792-1872

      Marriages
      1787-1872

      Richard has added footnotes and a cross-referencing
      system that researchers will find invaluable.

      You may choose from my index to New Netherland/NY
      church records at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/church/

      or go directly to the Introduction to the Flatbush records
      at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/church/flatbush_intro.shtml