Irish Times Free & More Answers on AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

  • Lorine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I don't know if others experienced this, but we woke up this morning to 25'F temperatures and SNOW on the ground! I refuse to dig out my winter boots and am crossing my fingers that this melts by tomorrow.

      There is some exciting genealogy news for those with Irish ancestors. Anyone with an ancestor from Ireland will want to make use of this 150th Birthday offer from the Irish Times online. The Irish Times Digital Archives is FREE from March 27/09 to April 5/09. It covers the years 1859 to 2009. Follow the link at my OliveTreeGenealogy blog or see my Twitter update of March 28th

      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/03/irish-times-archives-1859-2009-free.html

      If that link wraps to 2 lines, use this Tiny URL http://tiny.cc/pUrYq

      I'm also very honoured to have been chosen for Randy Seaver's Choice of BEST new genealogy blog for 2009! Randy wrote an incredibly kind review of my new blog AskOliveTree.blogspot.com See Randy's report at http://tinyurl.com/csvqq3

      *******************************
      Questions to be answered on http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com this week

      - Finding an ancestor's arrival in American or Canadian ships passenger lists - answer for Ken

      - How to find a Roll Number for Native American Ancestry - answer for Mike

      - Finding a Death at Sea - answer for Angela

      - Finding an Ancestor in a Colorado orphanage - answer for Carolyne

      - Finding an Ancestor on a Ship Arriving Canada 1854 - answer for Marilyn

      - Finding the Identity of Denes Tunison and wife Sarah Hoogland - answer for Lewis K

      *******************************

      Questions answered on To be answered on http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com last week

      * Finding Records for Grosse Ile in 1832 - answer for Jim

      * Tom's question answered: Finding David Chesterman

      * Faye's question answered: FInding immigration record fromIreland to Australia

      * Ken's question answered: Finding an ancestor's arrival in American or Canadian ships passenger lists

      * Karen's question answered: Figuring out the propername of a female ancestor

      * Carrie's question answered: Gleaning information from an old family letter

      That's it for this week, don't forget you can follow my genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS

      You can also become a Fan of Olive Tree Genealogy interactive page on Facebook at

      http://facebook.com/pages/Olive-Tree-Genealogy/16127378259

      In case you can't click on that long URL in email, you can also find the page at http://tiny.cc/RCHYs