March 22 Update - What's New on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2009
      Well, my book on the King family of Arkell Ontario is going
      to the printer next week. Yay! I love it when a book
      is completed and ready to share with others.

      "From England to Arkell: The story of two pioneer settlers,
      Lewis & Thomas King who left Suffolk England for
      the Wilds of Upper Canada in 1831 A Genealogy to 4
      Generations following their descendants in Ontario,
      Alberta, Australia & Michigan" is the title.

      It is 87 pages of documents, photos and stories. It was a
      very exciting time in Upper Canada (present day Ontario)
      and Arkell was a brand new settlement just outside of
      Guelph. Some of Lewis and Thomas' descendants settled in
      Michigan as well as other countries, and many stayed in
      Ontario. If you are a descendant you may be interested in
      this detailed book.

      You can read more at http://tiny.cc/37eqP

      And for those who are patiently waiting for the PEER book
      on the Peer Family in America and Canada, please be patient
      just a wee bit longer. The final draft is being proofed, so
      fingers crossed it comes back soon and can go to print.

      In the confusing and often cluttered world of Genealogy
      enthusiasts, Genealogy bloggers, Facebook users and
      Twitter lovers, it's often difficult to know whose blog you
      should read, which Twitter user you should follow, or what
      Facebook personality to be friends with. Most of us have
      too few hours in the day to read every blog or follow
      every Twitter update out there. Now you can read a list of
      Ten People All Genealogists Should Follow On Twitter as
      compiled by Thomas MacEntee. I'm honoured to have made
      this list! There are 9 other genealogists you should know
      about though. http://tiny.cc/ttZWe

      Michigan Death Records Online - This is an announcement I
      posted on my OliveTreeGenealogy blog at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com Seeking Michigan’s
      first major project is the digitization of roughly 1
      miillion death records covering the years 1897 through 1920
      and the start is now online. Read the rest of the
      announcement at http://tiny.cc/5JfUc

      This week on AskOliveTree blog
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com the following questions
      will be answered:

      * Tom's question answered: Finding David Chesterman
      * Faye's question answered: FInding immigration record from
      Ireland to Australia
      * Ken's question answered: Finding an ancestor's arrival in
      American or Canadian ships passenger lists
      * Karen's question answered: Figuring out the proper name
      of a female ancestor
      * Carrie's question answered: Gleaning information from an
      old family letter

      I'll try to get a few more answered before the end of the
      week so be sure you check to see if your query is
      there even if you don't see it listed above. Some of these
      questions are from January so don't despair if yours
      has not yet been answered, you never know when it will pop
      up :-)

      Last week on AskOliveTree blog
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com the following questions
      were answered:

      * Finding a Family that left Canada for America
      * Where would I start my search for a ship list leaving
      France 1830
      * How to find an obituary or Death Record
      * Finding an Outbound Ships Passenger List from America
      or Canada.

      That's it for this week, don't forget you can follow my
      genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS

      You can also become a Fan of Olive Tree Genealogy
      interactive page on Facebook at

      http://facebook.com/pages/Olive-Tree-Genealogy/16127378259

      In case you can't click on that long URL in email, you can
      also find the page at http://tiny.cc/RCHYs