March 15 Update and New Immigration Records

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2009

      Spring is back! We are having beautiful 50' weather, it's
      sunny and most of the snow has melted. Our chickens and
      guineas are happily pecking around in the fields and yards
      looking for bugs. They are inside all winter and getting
      out is a treat for them. In the non-snow weather they range
      freely and can roam wherever they want.

      I hope your weather was as enjoyable today (or better!)

      Here are a few genealogy items I talked about on my Olive
      Tree Genealogy blog last week.
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      ***********************
      CanadaGenWeb's Cemetery Project has been updated! Read
      about the new cemeteries at
      http://cemetery.canadagenweb.org/

      The History Channel is showing the film Death or Canada on
      Monday, March 16 at 8 PM. If your ancestors came to Canada
      during the time of the Irish Famine, you will want to see
      this production. Read more about this at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      You won't want to miss Ancestry's newest immigration
      records. Irish Canadian Emigration Records, 1823-1849 This
      database contains various records and reports of Canadian
      emigration agents James Allison and A.J. Buchanan. Among
      the various records are some emigration and orphan lists.
      These lists are searchable by name. Follow the link at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/03/irish-
      canadian-emigration-records-1823.html
      or go to http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ and
      scroll down the page to the article "Irish Canadian
      Emigration Records, 1823-1849 online! "

      Play Nice With Your Computer is a three part series on
      Cleaning your computer by guest author Barbara Brown. This
      is something all genealogists need to do, including me!
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      ***********************
      Last week Ask Olive Tree Blog
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com/ answered these questions:

      Finding a Native American Ancestor
      Mildred asked this question

      Finding an Ancestor on Ships Passenger Lists to New York
      Margaret's question

      Searching Upper Canada Sundries & Land Records
      Neil asked this question

      Hiring a Professional Genealogist
      Michael asked this questioned

      How can an Ancestor be in England and Canada census in
      1871?
      Bill asked this question

      Hunting for great uncle from England living in British
      Columbia
      Gayna asked this question

      ***********************

      For next week I have answered the following queries (and
      will answer more during the week) on Ask Olive Tree Blog
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com/

      B.G. Asked: During the mass emigration to America (1880-
      1930) ....
      Look for the Olive Tree Answer: Finding an Outbound Ships
      Passenger List from America or Canada

      Gloria asked: How can I find a death record and/or obituary
      for Ida Jane Pell in October 1946 in Edmondton.....
      Look for the Olive Tree Answer: How to find an Obituary or
      Death Record

      Gloria's Question: Where would I start my search for the
      ship list leaving France 1830.....
      Look for the Olive Tree Answer: Where would I start my
      search for the ship list leaving France 1830

      Diane asked: The family of John W. Heck appears in the
      the 1901 Census for Middlesex....
      Look for the Olive Tree Answer: Finding a Family that
      left Canada for America

      *********************

      Don't forget you can also friend me on Facebook at
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=641552814

      I'm also on Twitter and you can follow my updates and
      tweets
      at http://twitter.com/LorineMS

      You can also become a Fan of Olive Tree Genealogy
      interactive page on Facebook at
      http://facebook.com/pages/Olive-Tree-Genealogy/16127378259

      Hope to see you there!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...