March Update on Olive Tree Genealogy

  • Lorine
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi everyone

      Wow, March is here already. I can almost smell Spring just around the
      corner.

      I'm already in a Spring Cleaning mood (genealogy-wise that is!) and
      have begun digging out old genealogy mysteries and puzzles that I want
      to try to clear up this year. In fact I have one ready to post in my
      ANCESTOR MOST WANTED section on my Olive Tree Genealogy blog at
      http://OliveTreeGenealogy.blogspot.com Scroll down the right hand
      side until you see the Label "Ancestor Most Wanted" and click on that
      to read all 5 posted so far. They cover the geographic area of USA and
      Canada.

      There's always a reward offered for information leading to my Ancestor
      Most Wanted so be sure to check it out

      I've been talking about DNA and Genealogy recently on the Olive Tree
      Genealogy blog so if it's something you are thinking about getting
      into, you might want to have a peek
      *********************
      So far I have the following answers ready for next week
      on http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      * Looking for an Ancestor who disappeared after 1911
      Cemetery, USA

      * Finding an Ancestor in Ships Passenger Lists to
      Canada before 1865

      * Sorting Out Family Information on Ancestors

      * Searching for an Ancestor with a common name

      * Sometimes We Need to Slow Down and Gather more Facts
      Records

      *********************
      The following questions were answered last week on
      http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      * Separating Family Lore from Facts

      * Finding Baptist Vital Registrations
      Thompson, Vital Statistics

      * Getting the full 1871 Canadian Census Record

      * Searching for Death Record in Wisconsin 1872-1879

      * Checking Canada Census as well as American

      * Trouble Reading Handwriting on Manifest
      Handwriting, S S Potsdam

      * Ships Passenger Lists 1947

      *********************
      The 1916 Canada census for Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba went
      online last week on Ancestry.com You can read about at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/02/1916-canadian-census-online.html

      *********************
      Did you know that 2009 has been declared the Year of the British Home
      Child? Between 1869 and the early 1930s, over 100,000 impoverished or
      orphaned children were sent to Canada from Great Britain during the
      child emigration movement. These children were known as British Home
      Children. Read more about that at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2009/02/2009-declared-year-of-british-home.html

      That's it for this week's issue. Don't forget you can also friend me
      on Facebook at
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=641552814

      I'm also on Twitter and you can follow my updates and tweets at
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS

      You can also become a Fan of Olive Tree Genealogy interactive page on
      Facebook at
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olive-Tree-Genealogy/16127378259

      Good hunting!