Feb. 22nd Update for Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2009
      Hi everyone

      I've just returned from a farewell party for our nephew and
      his wife. Nephew is graduating from his Army training and
      being sent to a base far from home to live.

      We're having bad snowstorms (again!) and the February Blahs
      have hit most of us now. We are all sick of winter and the
      cold! I hope that wherever you live is warm and sunny :-)

      Ask Olive Tree!

      Don't forget to send me a note at askolivetree@... if
      you have a genealogy or history question you'd like me to
      tackle. I really enjoy doing these, some are very
      challenging and take me quite awhile so if you don't see
      your questions on the blog yet, don't give up!

      Questions being answered next week on
      http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      I'll try to get 2 more done so that we have a full 7 days
      worth of questions asked and answered.

      * Getting the full 1871 Canadian Census Record from PG

      * Searching for Death Record in Wisconsin 1872-1879 from
      DeAnn

      * Checking Canada Census as well as American from Lance

      * Trouble Reading Handwriting on Manifest S S Potsdam
      from Clayton

      * Ships Passenger Lists 1947 from Janet

      Questions answered last week on
      http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      * Terence wrote to ask for Help with Pier Family in New
      Netherland! [This one got bumped, it will be answered at a
      future date]

      * Willow asked about Looking for a Loyalist Connection

      * Brian's Question: Finding James Garrett before 1874

      * Jerry asked about Finding Proof of Parents in 18th
      Century New Jersey

      * Beryle asked about Military Records in United Kingdom

      * Sandra asked: Who was Hillegond Joris?

      * Randy's Question: Early Ontario Records

      * Joyce asked about Writing a Letter to Strangers

      We had some good comments from readers on last week's
      questions and answers, thanks for your input!

      That's it for this week, although I just want to let
      everyone know that Ancestry.com has some new databases
      online. If you are an Ancestry subscriber you will have
      some fun I think with these! See
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/ancestry.shtml for the
      list

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...