Passing of my mother and other news

  • Lorine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2009
      Hello friends and fellow researchers,

      My 92 year old mother passed away early Wednesay morning. I visited
      her Tuesday afternoon in the hospital. When I went to kiss her
      goodbye, she tried to raise her head, and my glasses hit her cheek.
      She laughed at our bumping of heads. As I left she smiled and waved.

      I'm glad I have that nice last memory of her. While I am sad that
      she is gone, she lived a full and healthy life up to the end.

      This is her obituary and a brief slideshow in her memory:

      Joan McGinnis 2 Sept 1916-22 Jan 2009

      http://tinyurl.com/cq9q96

      **************
      Questions asked and being answered in the coming week on
      http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      - Looking for Margaret Walsh in Pennsylvania question by Toni
      scheduled 2/1/09

      - Finding an Ancestor from America in Upper Canada question by Lara
      scheduled 1/31/09

      - What is the Dutch name for Anna? question by Saja423 scheduled
      1/30/09

      - What is the British Bonus System? question by Marina scheduled
      1/29/09

      - Ships Passenger Lists Outbound from USA question by Nan scheduled
      1/28/09

      - Using Naturalization Records to find a Ships Passenger List
      question by Janet scheduled 1/27/09

      - Using Google and Online Family Trees Family Trees, question by
      Bill scheduled 1/26/09

      **************
      Questions asked and answered last week on
      http://AskOliveTree.blogspot.com

      * Looking for an ancestor from Germany to New York to Galveston
      Texas… Question from Yvonne 1/25/09

      * Why Buy Land and Not Live There? Question from Judy
      1/24/09

      * Would our ancestors go directly to a location to settle...Question
      from Betty 1/23/09

      * Using County Clerk Records to Find Answers… Question from Kate
      1/22/09

      * What is a Half-Orphan? New York, Orphanages… Question from Nancy
      1/21/09

      * Looking for a Death Record in Michigan or Ontario… Question from
      Pat 1/20/09

      * Looking for German immigrant to USA 1850s… Question from Linda
      1/19/09

      * Where can I find the ship Samuel Badger? Question from Sandy
      1/18/09

      If you would like to ask a genealogy or history question please
      submit your query to askolivetree@...

      Last but not least, Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes 1845-1958
      are online at http://pilot.familysearch.org

      Those with Irish ancestry can have fun searching, but remember these
      are indexes only, the full record is not available online