Ontario Canada Voter's Lists 1867-1900 ONLINE

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2008
      Ontario Voter's Lists 1867-1900 are now online. I took a
      few minutes to search them this morning for my own
      ancestors, and it's well worth having a look.

      http://tiny.cc/uJ1kJ

      Some years have information - name of voter, residence, and
      whether the individual was an occupant, owner or tenant of
      the home he was in. Even though it may seem basic, it helps
      determine where and if an ancestor was living in those
      years.

      Voter registers are valuable records to use as census
      substitutes, since they will usually contain the names of
      heads of households and other adults.

      Although the title of this database is ONTARIO Voter's
      List, I found over 500 names from Montreal Centre, Quebec
      in the 1867 lists. I also found hundreds of women even
      though the description of the database states that no women
      are on these lists.

      So that makes even more reason to search Ontario Voter's
      Lists 1867-1900 - there ARE women on the list and there are
      names from Quebec as well as Ontario.

      You can read more and follow the link to this database at
      Olive Tree Genealogy Blog at http://tiny.cc/uJ1kJ

      Feel free to pass this message on to other lists if it's on
      topic or to others who you think might be interested.

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...