Incoming passenger lists to UK = Outbound from Canada/USA + more!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 25, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I just had to share this exciting news with everyone:

      Incoming UK Ships Passenger lists are now online!
      Genealogists can now search for ancestors on UK Incoming
      Ships Passenger Lists, 1878-1960

      These new passenger lists include OUTBOUND lists from
      Canada and America as well as other countries such as
      Australia, all heading for ports in the United Kingdom.

      Read more about this terrific new Ancestry resource at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      Neither Canada or America maintained "outbound" passenger
      lists. The records for all these ship passengers travelling
      between 1890 and 1960 are the only United Kingdom "inbound"
      lists, but prior to this month, they were not indexed, nor
      microfilmed.

      The original inbound lists were kept at Public Record
      Office in Kew, England, and they could only be viewed in
      person. Now they are online and I've been having a lot of
      fun finding my own ancestors going back to England &
      Ireland from Canada. Sometimes they went for a visit, other
      times they had been visiting here in Canada or in America
      and were going back home.

      I hope you enjoy this new resource as much as I am.

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...