September Newsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2008

      Well, September is on us and already the weather has turned
      cool with a lot of rain and wind where I live. Two of my
      grandchildren spent the last week of August with us and we
      had a really fun time with them.

      I'm going to be writing on my blog about some of the
      genealogical activities we did with the granchildren, who
      are ages 8 and 10.

      *******************************
      One of the items I am planning on a monthly basis is my new
      "Ancestor Most Wanted". Each month I want to post about an
      individual I need help finding. These individuals will be
      found in USA or Canada so anyone with a North American
      research skills or access to records will be able to
      participate.

      A reward will be offered for the answer to (with proof) a
      specific question. Background information on the individual
      will be posted on my blog, the question(s) posed and the
      amount of the Reward stated. This month the reward is
      $50.00 but I have an even bigger one planned for either
      October or November (I haven't decided what order to post
      the next two Most Wanted)

      This month's September's Ancestor Most Wanted is JOSEPH
      BUTLER

      Joseph was baptised 15 March 1856 in Waterloo Co. Ontario
      Canada. On 10 May 1880, he married Caroline (Carrie A.)
      Kirsch in Formosa, Bruce Co. Ontario. He disappears from
      the records after the 1901 census in Seaforth, Huron Co.
      Ontario.

      *** $50.00 Reward offered for the whereabouts of Joseph
      Butler after 1901, or for proof of his death (location and
      date) ***

      Background information can be found at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      We already have one intriguing finding provided by a
      reader, which I will post to the blog as a follow-up.

      *******************************
      Here's the last 7 posts from my blog at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      The blog newsfeed is also on Facebook at
      http://apps.new.facebook.com/blognetworks/blogpage.php?blogi
      d=11313

      If you can't click on that 2line URL, go to
      http://apps.new.facebook.com/blognetworks/ and in the
      search engine called "FIND BLOGS" search for OLIVE TREE
      GENEALOGY

      LAC offers FREE 2008 Irish Studies Symposium: November 3 &
      4

      Displaying Family Heirlooms - Making Sure Keepsakes Aren't
      Lost

      A Grave Mistake - or Even if it's Written in Stone it Could
      be Wrong

      Rensselaerswijck Seminar of New Netherland Institute

      September Ancestor Most Wanted - $50.00 Reward

      5th Edition of Smile For The Camera: Crowning Glory.

      Iowa Genealogical Society Annual Conference

      *******************************
      AncestorsAtRest.com has added more Berks County
      Pennsylvania data. It is another ledger book from the 1860s
      that belonged to Haag, Kline & Co in Bernville, Berks
      County. This ledger is a great genealogical find as it is
      full of hundreds of local names.

      Some of the Berks County names you will find in the Haag,
      Kline ledger are Adams, Becker, Burkhard, Bright, Bressler,
      Baus, Bickel, Boyer, Bassler, Brossman, Bentz, Bean, Bear,
      Berger, Conrad, Cummings, Derr, Daniel, Ernst, Fisher, Fox,
      Groff, Haag, Hix, Kalbach, Kauffman, Miller, Reed, Shutz,
      Shade, Snyder, Taylor, Weaver to name just a few.

      The ledger is in the genealogy lookups section but Brian
      has put the entire ledger online at

      http://www.ancestorsatrest.com/genealogy_lookups/

      Brian has a second ledger book from the same company and
      will be adding it to his site soon.

      Enjoy!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...