HUGE announcement re Ships Passenger lists to Canada!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26 5:26 AM
      Hello everyone

      I have two of my grandchildren visiting all week. Even
      though it is great fun, it's exhausting and my time on the
      computer is limited. So I haven't got a newsletter written
      in awhile but I do have exciting news!

      Please see http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ for a
      huge and exciting announcement from Library and Archives
      Canada re Ships Passenger Lists to Canada

      The announcement is titled "COMING SOON! fully indexed
      Canadian Ships Passenger Lists, 1865-1935"

      Other recent articles and announcements (just scroll down
      and click on any on the list on the right hand side bar,
      near the bottom) include:

      * A Tisket, A Tasket, I Lost my Genealogy Basket!

      * Writing Your Own Obituary or How to Really Creep Yourself
      Out

      * William Potes Tombstone Goes Home

      * Ontario Land Record Index - New Guide

      * Launch of 1911 England Census in 2009

      * Henry Louis Gates of African American Lives speaks to The
      Learning First Alliance

      Some articles and announcements from earlier in August and
      July include

      -Plan to Digitise Vital Registrations England & Wales back
      to 1837, Fails

      -Stacy & Kyes Store ledger Rushford, Allegany County New
      York

      -National Archives to Open Official Personnel Files of the
      Office of Strategic Services (OSS) .

      -Organizing and Remembering Passwords

      -What do my Grandma, Eaton's Department Store, William
      Massey and American Express have in common?

      -One Step Search Engine for 1881 Canada Census

      -BFF (Blogging Friends Forever) Award

      -Genealogy Crossword Puzzles and Games

      -1881 Canada Census IMAGES now online

      -Creating a Genealogy Family Memory Book, Part 2

      -Creating a Genealogy Family Memory Book

      -Another Not-So-Famous Ancestor of Sorts

      -Connecting Genealogy With History

      Enjoy!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...