1881 Canada Census Images online!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2008
      Hello everyone

      Well, summer is halfway over for most of us.... but it's
      been beautiful! Some of my grandchildren are visiting for
      August so it's been fun for me (although exhausting!) to
      see them more than usual.

      Here is the latest genealogy news.

      *1881 Canada Census IMAGES now online *

      Library & Archives Canada has just put the images for the
      1881 Canada Census online. The census is fully searchable
      and you can view the page for any ancestor name you are
      interested in.

      See <http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-
      1881/index-e.html> or go to
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ and click on the
      link found there

      I found the online images impossible to read and could not
      see a method of enlarging them but it is easy to save to
      your hard drive. Then simply open in any graphic program
      and enlarge to a size that suits you. See
      http://AllCensusRecords.com for more census records online

      *Creating a Genealogy Family Memory Book Parts 1 & 2*

      Last winter I began scanning my old family photos and
      slides. As unofficial keeper of the family documents and
      photographs, I am entrusted with such treasures whenever
      someone dies. After years of accumulation of these
      items,including an old photo album from my grandmother's
      brother's family, I decided I simply had to organize and
      preserve them. Read the rest of this article and find out
      how easy it is to create a gorgeous book at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      *Connecting Genealogy With History *

      A lot of the fun of genealogy is finding details beyond
      names, dates and locations. What is more thrilling than
      discovering an obituary for an ancestor where we learn that
      Great Grandma Susan was an avid quilt-maker, went to church
      every Sunday and enjoyed her roses in the garden. Or that
      Great Great Grandpa Daniel loved his Dandelion Wine and was
      known to imbibe a bit too much on occasion.

      Continued at http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      Did you know you can also read the OliveTreeGenealogy blog
      online on Facebook at
      http://apps.new.facebook.com/blognetworks/blogpage.php?blogi
      d=11313

      That's a 2 line URL so be sure you copy and paste both
      lines into your web browser

      Enjoy all the new data coming online AND your summer!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...