Olive Tree Genealogy Updates

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      What gorgeous weather we are having here today on Georgian
      Bay. I am getting ready for a visit from 3 of my
      grandchildren ages 6 months to 6 years, but wanted to get
      this note out before the chaos begins :-)

      ****************
      Olive Tree Genealogy recently added almost 10 more years of
      baptisms in the Reformed Church at Machackemeck (Deerpark),
      Orange County New York for the following years: Feb 1752-
      June 1754 | July 1754-Nov 1756 | Nov 1756-Jan 1759 | Jan
      1759-Apr 1760

      This adds to the current church records online for 1716 -
      1750

      You can click on links for this set of free church records
      at the What's New for June page at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0608.shtml

      More years will be added as volunteers complete the
      transcripts. We will be stopping at 1827.

      More genealogy records for New York and New Netherland can
      be found at http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/

      ****************
      Last week I uploaded examples of early 16th and 17th
      Century handwriting to the Olive Tree Genealogy page on
      Facebook. You can download these examples to your computer
      to use as references to help you when you are reading old
      documents.

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olive-Tree-
      Genealogy/16127378259

      It may be easier to click on the link found at the What's
      New for June page at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0608.shtml

      Also added today is the start of a Guide on Reading Entries
      in Early Dutch Church Records. It's also on Olive Tree
      Genealogy page on Facebook. If you're like me and have
      ancestors in New York in the 1600s, the chances are really
      good that you have Dutch ancestry. If you want to find out
      more about those early lines, you need to be able to read
      Dutch Church records. This guide is just my own little
      guide that I created to help me struggle through as I
      learned how to read Dutch handwriting without reading
      Dutch! :-)

      You can click on the link found at the What's New for July
      page at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0708.shtml

      Please feel free to pass this message on to any people or
      lists you think might be interested.

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...