May update OliveTreeGenealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2008
      Hello fellow reseachers and friends,

      May was a sad month for my family, as my dear sister-in-law
      (my brother's wife) passed away suddenly on May 5. Her
      death was unexpected and sudden, we are thankful she did
      not suffer but her passing was a shock to us all. I have
      not had much time to work on the websites but I do have
      some items to share with you:

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Peer Family History Book Completed!

      Good news! After more than 20 years of research, the Peer
      book is near completion!

      The Peer Family in North America: Vol. 1 Jacob & Anne Peer,
      Immigrants from Sussex Co. New Jersey to Upper Canada in
      1796, a study of the first two generations (including
      documents, maps and photos) is scheduled for publication
      July 1, 2008.

      Volume 1 contains narrative (footnoted) chapters on Jacob
      Peer Sr, and each of his children listed above. 32
      documents (wills, land petitions, land records, etc) are
      included in this volume, as well as maps and family group
      charts.

      Also included is the 21 page article Origins of the Pier
      Family in the Netherlands and an Update of their Connection
      to the Ostrander Family by Lorine McGinnis Schulze and
      Chris Brooks formerly published in the July 2000 issue of
      The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record

      Subsequent volumes are in process for each individual in
      Generation 2 (Jacob & Anne's children) and their
      descendants. Interested descendants may sign up for
      notification of publication and updates by writing to
      PeerFamilyBook@...

      Include your name, and the Volumes you are interested in
      (Vols 1-9). For a list of children in Generation Two, plus
      Volume Numbers, please see

      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/books/peer-book.shtml

      An order form will be added to the page when Vol. 1 is back
      from the printers. I am very excited about completing the
      books after all these years.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      OliveTreeGenealogy.com added the following Ontario
      Newspaper Extracts from The Canadian Champion, Milton
      Halton County Ontario. Links found at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0408.shtml

      Extracts of Births, Marriages, Deaths July 1869
      Extracts of Births, Marriages, Deaths February 1872
      Extracts of Births, Marriages, Deaths April 1887
      Extracts of Births, Marriages, Deaths February 1892
      Extracts of Births, Marriages, Deaths May 1899

      offering a 20% discount for May, so if you have not yet
      tried Footnote, you may want to give it a go. You can click
      on the special offer link at the top of
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0408.shtml and start
      hunting for your ancestors today.

      For those who don't know about Footnote, they offer NARA
      records not found anywhere else online. Naturalization
      records, Military records, a large Civil War collection are
      just a few. They also have the Vietnam Wall which is free
      and should not be missed. Footnote is known for its
      interactive website, allowing visitors to enrich the
      records by adding photos, linking related documents, and
      contributing insights to any name on the record

      For now, this is all the news. You can also follow my blog
      at http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com for updates and
      announcements. Enjoy the hunt!