April Updates on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2008

      Spring cleaning time! I dusted off, moved and brought in
      new genealogy data in the Canadian Military section and in
      the Loyalist section of OliveTreeGenealogy.com. Broken
      links were fixed or replaced. New genealogy data was added
      for Rebellion of 1837 (Patriot War), Boer (South African)
      War, Nile Expedition, Northwest Rebellion & Red River
      Rebellion

      Also cleaned up War of 1812, Fenian Raids, French Indian
      Wars, American Revolution (Revolutionary War) See
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/mil/ for links to the
      military data online

      **************************

      More outbound passenger lists were added to Ships
      Lists Online project. These lists are ships leaving New
      York but some contain names of passengers from Canada.

      Outbound lists were not kept by USA or Canada, so these
      lists are a rare find.

      It's easiest to get to this free Ships Lists Online
      project. by going to April's list of new data added which
      is at

      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0408.shtml

      Then scroll (read) down the page til you see text

      * Partial List of Passengers on Steamship City of
      Washington for Liverpool from New York 4 May 1867 -
      includes passengers from Canada

      * Passengers Sailed on Steamer Augusta for Savannah
      Georgia from New York 2 Nov 1857

      * Steamship Florida for Savannah Georgia from New York 16
      Feb. 1862

      * Steamship Steamship Knoxville for Savannah Georgia 27
      Dec 1855

      * Steamer Marion for Charleston 16 Nov 1857 - includes
      passengers from Canada

      * Partial List of Passengers on Steamship Roanoke for
      Norfolk & Richmond Virginia etc 8 July 1858

      * Passengers Sailed on Steamship Jamestown for Norfolk &
      Virginia 16 Nov 1857

      **************************
      For those who have not yet signed up for Footnote (which I
      personally love!), you can take advantage of a special
      discount offer which is only available for a short time. I
      put up a banner at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0408.shtml in case
      you are eager to try their offerings. Just click on the
      banner over the title "April 2008 FREE Databases from
      Lorine" and you will go directly to the page with the
      discounted price.
      **************************
      Ontario Births, Marriages & Deaths transcripts on
      OliveTreeGenealogy.com have been updated. These are all old
      transcripts that have been on my site for some time, but
      they were a bit hidden!

      I've switched things around a bit and hopefully these
      terrific records will be more easily found. As always all
      data on OliveTreeGenealogy.com is free to use.

      You can get to any of the records below from my WHAT'S NEW
      page for March, at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0308.shtml

      * 300 marriages for Simcoe County. These marriages are
      complete entries with bride and groom's parents' names,
      occupations and much more!

      * Extracts from a Simcoe County Newspaper Midland & Vasey
      Area

      * Records from the Observer, a Bible Christian newspaper
      of the Bowmanville area 1868-1883. Note that the records
      cover a vast expanse, not just the Bowmanville area.

      * Marriages in Colbourne District 1841- 1846

      * Marriages in Essex County 1877, 1878, 1894, 1895

      * Marriages in Essex Co., St. Alphonse Roman Catholic
      Church, Windsor 1888, 1889, 1908, 1910

      * Births in Essex County 1890, 1894, 1895

      * Burials in Essex Co., St. Alphonse Roman Catholic
      Church, Windsor 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898,
      1899, 1900

      * Burials in Calton (Van Pine) Cemetery, Elgin County

      * Marriages in Peterborough County 1850-1855,
      1857, 1858 , 1863 ,1869

      ENJOY!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...