March Additions on OliveTreeGenealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2008

      I hope that those who celebrate Easter had a joyous one. We
      spent a quiet weekend at home this year.

      For those who visit my What's New page (March 2008 is at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0308.shtml ) on
      OliveTreeGenealogy you will have noticed I've made some
      changes recently.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      First, and the biggest change, was that I redesigned the
      entire USA Genealogy section at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/usa/

      The redesign addresses some of the issues visitors were
      having - such as confusion over finding the records they
      want. Hopefully the new look will make it easier for
      visitors to find the free transcripts for each state that
      are on my Olive Tree Family of websites.

      Each state page has a new look and feel, and I'm still
      adding more links to the free data online. Please drop by
      and have a look, feel free to send me feedback on the
      changes. The look of each state page has been simplified
      and I hope this helps you find the free data online.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      NaturalizationRecords.com also had some new additions this
      month. I found more online naturalization records so added
      them as links to the following state pages.

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/

      --Last Name Index to Naturalization Records (New Mexico),
      1860-1963

      --Index to Naturalization Records from Dakota Territory
      and South Dakota Court Records held in NARA's Central
      Plains Region (Kansas City, MO)

      --Name Index to St. Paul, Minnesota, Naturalization Records
      (1859-1916), U.S. District and U.S. Circuit Courts,
      District of Minnesota

      --Name Index to North Dakota Naturalization Records , U.S.
      District and U.S. Circuit Courts, District of North Dakota

      --Name index to naturalization records, including
      declarations and petitions, U.S. District Court, District
      of Nebraska, McCook Division

      --Name index to naturalization records, including
      declarations and petitions, U.S. District Court, District
      of Nebraska, Chadron Division

      --Name index to naturalizations, 1846 - 1890 U.S. Circuit
      and U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Missouri,
      Eastern Division (St. Louis)

      --Alien Applications for Permission to Depart from USA,
      1919-1920 U.S. District Court, District of Kansas

      - Alien Personal History and Statements, Iowa 1942-1946;
      Alien's Personal History and Statement (DSS Form 304), 1942-
      1945, for Michigan; Alien Personal History and Statements,
      Minnesota 1942-1946; Alien Personal History and Statements,
      Missouri 1942-1946; Alien Personal History and Statements,
      Nebraska 1942-1946 ; Alien Personal History and Statements
      North Dakota, 1942-1946

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      New York Church Records Transcripts were also updated with
      the addition of Baptisms 1818-1845 to the existing
      project of Records of First Reformed Dutch Church of
      Newtown, Long Island, New York where the records starting
      in 1741 can be searched on Olive Tree Genealogy website

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/church/newtown14.shtml

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Ships Passenger Lists to Australia & New Zealand and
      leaving Australia also had some updates with new ships
      lists being added.

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/toausp01.shtml

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Last but not least I want to wish OliveTreeGenealogy.com a
      happy but belated birthday! I neglected to mention in my
      February newsletter that Olive Tree Genealogy celebrated
      it's 12th year on the Internet on February 28th. That's
      when we went live in 1996. Phew, such a long time ago!

      If you're interested in the history of the website, please
      see http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free-q1-1996.shtml

      Enjoy!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...