What's New on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008
      Hello everyone

      We are in the middle of a bad winter storm so it's a good
      time for me to write this newsletter :-)

      Here's what has been added to Olive Tree Genealogy recently

      **************************
      Ships Passenger Lists

      - Added The ship Delaware From Bristol to New England 1686

      - Added RMS Umbria List of Passengers Sailing on RMS Umbria
      from New York to Liverpool September 12 1903

      - Added Steamer Atlantic for Charleston Passenger List 2
      Nov 1857

      - Added Passengers Sailed on Steamer Augusta for Savannah
      Georgia 16 Nov 1857

      - Added Passengers Sailed on Steamer Thomas Swann for
      Savannah Georgia from New York 6 Nov 1857

      It is easiest to click on these ships lists from
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/free0308.shtml

      **************************
      Ontario Land Records

      * Added graphic example of an Abstract Index to Deeds for
      Concession 4, Lot 12, Puslinch Township, Wellington County
      Ontario.
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/can/ont/land.shtml

      * Added graphic example of an Ontario Assessment Record for
      Puslinch Township Wellington County in 1844
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/can/ont/municipal.shtml

      **************************
      Jumping on the DNA bandwagon

      Yes, I joined the growing group of genealogists who are
      using DNA to further their research. You can read about my
      adventures and findings to date at

      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/articles/DNA-
      research.shtml

      This is a 2 line URL and probably can't be clicked on , so
      you can also start at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/articles/ and just click
      on the link found there

      I'm really excited about the findings. I had my brother
      donate his cheek swabs as I wanted to trace my father's
      paternal lineage. (a female DNA test can only go up her
      female lines, from her mother to her mother's mother and so
      on)

      Updated and added to Canadian BDM Births Marriages Deaths
      Exchange Birth Registration Submissions. You can get there
      from the index page at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/can/bdm/

      That's it for today - enjoy!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...