February Happenings on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      Hello everyone and a belated Happy Valentine's Day. We
      spent the day with our two older grandchildren in the
      Guelph area of Ontario so that was enjoyable.

      Olive Tree Genealogy had a nice compliment paid recently
      when one of my articles on dating old photographs was
      published (with my permission) in "The Citizen's Companion:
      The Voice of Civilian Reenacting"

      The issue is Jan-Feb 2008 Vol. XIV Number 6 page 23 and the
      article is called "Revenue Tax Stamps on Ancestor
      Photographs". It is also online at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/photos/revenue-stamps.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      OliveTreeGenealogy has a new section online as of today and
      you are the first to know. It is called Family Trees and
      can be found at http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/families/

      You'll find a list of family surnames there. Clicking on
      the links will take you to a page with genealogy
      information on the family.

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      I've recently stumbled on a terrific little book called
      "Our Name in History" which I want to share with
      subscribers.

      The Our Name in History Collection are customized books
      offering a unique blend of fascinating facts, statistics
      and commentary about your surname. The collection contains
      nearly 300,000 family names!

      You'll find a special search engine where you can enter
      your surname to see if it is included in the Collection at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/families/your-name.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Many more Palatine German family histories have been added
      at http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/pal/ so be sure you
      check that out if you have Palatine German lines going to
      New York around 1709-1710

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      I hope you've been reading my blog, as it has information
      on various Genealogy conferences, and data added to other
      sites. It's at http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      As always you can find your way around OliveTreeGenealogy
      by using the search engine (top right of every page), or my
      sitemap at http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/sitemap.shtml
      or the monthly list of free transcriptions added. It's at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/freedata.shtml

      Have fun!