New & Exciting online March 15-24

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2007

      March is almost over, Spring is officialy here, and our
      snow is rapidly melting. My guinea fowl were happy to leave
      their barn finally after spending most of the winter
      inside.

      In this issue of Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter you can
      read about

      1. Ships Passenger Lists to New Netherland (New York) 1624
      to 1664 online
      2. Nova Scotia Vital Records Online
      3. Historical Documents on The Paper Trail
      4. Family Bibles
      5. Lost Faces

      ******************************
      1. Ships Passenger Lists to New Netherland (New York) 1624
      to 1664 online

      All "passenger lists" for travel from The Netherlands to
      New Netherland 1654-1664 came from information on the debit
      side of the West India Company Account Book. They show who
      owed money when they arrived. Those who paid ahead for
      passage were not recorded so their names do not appear on
      ships lists

      81 Ships Passenger Lists 1624 to 1664 below can be viewed
      freely at Ships to New Netherland (New York)
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/ships/

      ******************************
      2. Nova Scotia Vital Records Online

      The Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management has a new
      website.

      Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics
      http://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/

      It includes a fully searchable database containing one
      million names. Every name is linked to its original record
      from the following options:

      Births 1864-1877
      Marriages 1864-1930
      Deaths 1864-1877 and 1908-1955

      Read more tips on using the website at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2007/03/nova-scotia-
      vital-records-online.html

      I'm going to add a note today as a caution for those
      downloading the Image Viewer from this site, so be sure to
      check back later today to the main page at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/

      ******************************
      3. Historical Documents on The Paper Trail
      http://paper-trail.blogspot.com/

      -1862 Letter from Marcellus in New Jeresy

      -Marriage Certificate Welsh & Waldorf in Ohio

      -Baptism Certificate HERB in Pennsylvania 1878

      ******************************
      4. Family Bibles

      Added to http://familybibles.blogspot.com/

      Willard Thomas - Julia Fox Family Bible 1897 Tennessee

      ******************************
      5. Lost Faces

      Added to http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/faces/families.htm

      Family Bible of Hailey Family in Texas
      there are several CDVs (photos) in this Family Bible.

      Marriage Certificate Welsh & Waldorf in Ohio
      photos of William Welsh and Clara Waldorf appear on this
      Marriage Certificate in Ohio 1880

      I also did a little research on the families, and have
      added it to the pages.
      ******************************
      Don't forget to bookmark and check frequently to see what's
      new at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/free0307.shtml

      I try very hard to keep that page current with the list of
      new data added in the month. For the list of all months,
      see http://olivetreegenealogy.com/freedata.shtml

      Have fun!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...