What's NEW in Census Records online

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 2:38 PM

      I just returned from a trip to Salt Lake City and will write more
      about that this weekend. For now, I'm trying to catch up with
      letting you know what is new online. There's a lot! Census records
      seem to be pretty popular right now and here's what new for that
      topic:

      First -- Steve Morse has created a one-step form for the UK
      census for all years from 1851 to 1901. It's in the
      "Canadian and British Census" section of his website at

      http://www.stevemorse.org/

      Steve's one-Steps offer a better way to search online
      databases, and you won't want to miss this new one!

      **********************
      Second -- Steve Morse has done it again. :-)

      He's created another One-Step search engine, this time for
      the 1901 Canadian Census. It's free to use and hopefully
      will help those seeking their Canadian roots.

      See http://www.stevemorse.org/ and scroll down the page
      until you see the Canadian Census section.

      For more Canadian Census records see
      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/

      **********************
      Third -- Library & Archives Canada has just released the 1851
      Canadian census. It's searchable by location only. I have also put
      up a Census Comparison chart for the various Canadian census records
      found online.

      It is at

      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/census-compare.shtml

      I hope this is helpful. If you know of any other large
      projects to put any Canadian census online, please let me
      know.

      There is also a USA comparison chart at
      http://allcensusrecords.com/usa/census-compare.shtml

      Enjoy!