US 1807 Census FREE for Feb!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hello everyone --

      It seems Spring is almost here, our weather has been quite
      warm, and we've had very little snow recently.

      I have some interesting genealogy news for February!

      To celebrate Black History Month, Ancestry's 1870 US
      Federal Census database are free to search (with
      registration) during February 2006. Registration only
      requires your name and email address.

      Ancestry.com has also opened its WW1 Draft Registration
      cards in honour of Black History Month.

      To unlock and search this database for free, you can use
      the link found at

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/index1.shtml

      It is found under the yellow horizontal bar, near the top
      of the page.

      To view (and use) the full list of 13 databases that are
      free for the month of February, see

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/can/ont/blacks.shtml

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Also, Steve Morse has done it again. He's created another
      One-Step search engine, this time for the 1901 Canadian
      Census. It's free to use and hopefully will help those
      seeking their Canadian roots.

      See http://www.stevemorse.org/ and scroll down the page
      until you see the Canadian Census section.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Brian of AncestorsAtRest.com tells me that he now has over
      400 Funeral Cards online on his website! To see if your
      ancestor is found there, visit http://ancestorsatrest.com/

      Funeral Cards contain the name of the deceased, usually a
      birth and date date and can include some extra genealogical
      information. Most of Brian's Funeral Cards also include a
      photo of the card.

      Brian also has over 200 coffin plates online at
      http://ancestorsatrest.com

      Enjoy!
      Lorine
      --New Databases online