Four new immigration databases online!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2005
      Hello Everyone

      Here's what's new since my last newsletter. I've been
      trying hard to bring one new free database online each day
      in the first two weeks of December... as a sort of
      Christmas present to all the visitors to my websites.

      I hope you find an ancestor or two in the following new
      items:

      1. Irish ships to USA & Canada 1847-1858
      2. Index to Special Passports 1829-1887 USA
      3. Irish Emigration Lists 1833-1839
      4. Pennsylvania Baggage Lists 1809

      ***************
      1. Irish ships to USA & Canada 1847-1858

      I've just added 20 new ships sailing from Ireland to USA
      and Canada between 1847 and 1858. These are part of the JJ
      Cooke Shipping Line Records of Irish passengers to Quebec,
      St. John New Brunswick, Philadelphia Pennsylvania and New
      Orleans Louisiana

      The index to the online JJ Cooke ships is at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/jjcooke.shtml

      To see the passenger names added today just look for the
      text [NEW Dec. 2005] beside each new ship name

      The following ships with their passengers have been added:

      Envoy 1848 Ireland to Quebec
      Londonerry 1850 Ireland to Quebec
      Vestlinden 1853 Ireland to Quebec
      Adolph Werner 1854 Ireland to Quebec
      Superior 1855 Ireland to Quebec
      Argentinus 1858 Ireland to Quebec

      Venice 1847 Ireland to Philadelphia Pennsylvania
      Garland 1848 Ireland to Philadelphia Pennsylvania
      Envoy 1849 Ireland to Philadelphia Pennsylvania
      Elizabeth 1858 Ireland to Philadelphia Pennsylvania

      Envoy 1847 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      Londonderry 1847 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      Londonderry 1848 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      Londonderry 1849 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      British Queen 1849 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      Mary Ann 1853 second voyage Ireland to St John, New
      Brunswick
      Miner 1854 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick
      Elizabeth 1858 Ireland to St John, New Brunswick

      Mary Ann 1852 Ireland to New Orleans Louisiana
      Elizabeth 1858 Ireland to New Orleans Louisiana

      The great thing about the JJ Cooke Shipping Records is that
      they help fill in the missing years for Canadian
      immigration.

      ***************
      2. Index to Passports 1829-1887

      Another database of names has been added to
      NaturalizationRecords.com website.

      Surnames H to Z (excluding L, M, N) have been added to the
      existing surnames A to G in "Index to Special Passports
      1829-1887" This is andIndex to names of those obtaining
      passports in all states in USA

      Thanks goes to Olive Tree Genealogy volunteers for their
      hard work on transcribing this database.

      The index to all Passport indexes online so far is at
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/passports.shtml

      Just look for the choice "Index to Special Passports 1829-
      1887"

      Other passport indexes online at NaturalizationRecords.com
      are:

      --Register of Passport Applications 1809-1817

      --Index to Special Passports 1887-1894

      --Register of Passports from 14 November 1834 to 1843

      ***************
      3. Irish Emigration Lists 1833-1839

      There is a new database online at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      It is Irish Emigration Lists 1833-1839.

      This is an INDEX to Irish Emigration Lists, 1833-1839,
      Lists
      of Emigrants Extracted from the Ordnance Survey Memoirs for
      Counties Londonderry and Antrim.

      These lists identify the emigrant's destination and his
      place of origin in Ireland. The age, town and address, year
      of emigration, and religion are given for each emigrant.
      Remember, the online database is an index only but info on
      how/where to get the full details for each name you are
      interested in is given online

      Surnames "A" start here --

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/irish1833-1839a.htm

      ***************
      4. Pennsylvania Baggage Lists 1809

      Some more Philadelphia Baggage Lists for 1809 have been
      added to the ongoing project at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/index.htm#paships

      They include images of the actual manifest and a
      transcription of the names of the passengers on board.

      These lists are lists of passengers who were charged for
      excess luggage on board. If your ancestor was under the
      limit, his/her name will not be on these lists. It's worth
      a look :-)

      Enjoy!
      Lorine
      --New Databases online