November Genealogy Data Added to Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      Hi Everyone

      Wow, November is almost over! I spent 10 days looking after my 6
      month old grandson so didn't get as much done on my

      websites as I wanted, but ... I sure had fun! Here's what is new
      this month for Olive Tree Genealogy and all her partner sites:

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      1. New Jersey Naturalization Records
      2. Ships Passenger Lists to Galveston, Texas 1846-1871
      3. Child Apprentices England to America 1617-1778
      4. Miscellaneous Ontario Genealogy
      5. Family History Books Online
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      1. New Jersey Naturalization Records

      Atlantic County New Jersey Library has an online Immigration &
      Naturalization Records searchable database at

      http://www.atlanticlibrary.org/Immigrations/search.asp

      They have a few thousand records indexed and digitized. They are
      mainly declarations and letters of intent from 1890-1930

      For more naturalization records online see
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/

      For more immigration records online see
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/ and
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      2. Ships Passenger Lists to Galveston, Texas 1846-1871

      Olive Tree Genealogy has just uploaded more surnames for Ships
      Passenger Lists Arriving at the Port of Galveston,
      Texas 1846 - 1871

      Start here http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/ at the INDEX and
      choose " Ships Passenger Lists to Galveston, Texas 1846-
      1871" or just scroll down til you see the list of surname links.

      This is an ongoing project and will be added to as volunteers finish
      the lists of names.

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      3. Child Apprentices England to America 1617-1778

      A new database has just been put online for Child Apprentices in
      America from Christ's Hospital, London 1617-
      1778

      This is an index only (full name plus page number) but a link is
      provided for lookup requests on BWO.

      To search the index of names of impoverished and/or orphaned
      children sent to America as Apprentices, start at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      Scroll down the page a bit til you see "Child Apprentices from
      England 1617-1778 " Then click on that link

      Other orphan and almshouse/poorhouse records are found at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/orphans/ and
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/ny_alms1855-a.htm and
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/ny_alms1819.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      4. Miscellaneous Ontario Genealogy

      I was looking through some genealogy blogs and found the following
      genealogy items that may be of interest

      OBIT: William Finn died 1928 Ridgetown (Kent Co., Ontario)

      http://ancestorsatrest.blogspot.com/2004/08/obit-william-finn-died-
      1928-ontario.html

      http://ancestorsatrest.blogspot.com/

      WW1 Letter: Albert Bertram Mudge, Ontario 1915 . Albert born
      Peterborough, lived Guelph then Winnipeg

      http://pastvoices.blogspot.com/2004/07/ww1-albert-bertram-mudge-
      ontario-1915.html

      http://pastvoices.blogspot.com/

      Letter from John St. George Honner in Minnesota to brother Edward
      W. Honner in Amherstburg, Essex Co. Ontario,
      1863

      http://pastvoices.blogspot.com/2004/04/john-st-george-honner-in-
      minnesota-to.html

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      5. Family History Books Online

      For those who may not have heard -- the LDS Family History Library
      has begun digitizing and making available on the
      Internet all of the Family History books in their collection. About
      5000 books have been digitized and are available, and they

      have announced that they are adding about 100 titles a week to the
      on-line Family History collection.

      Go directly to the online collection at http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/

      If you don't find what you want there, you may find Family Histories
      online helpful. Go to
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/family_histories/

      Don't forget if you get lost in Olive Tree's website, you can always
      use my Site Map at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/sitemap.shtml or go
      to the most recent list of new databases added, at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/freedata.shtml

      Have fun!