1901 UK Census FREE to search

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      Just wanted to let everyone know about a free special on
      Ancestry.com for September.

      You can search (for free) in the 1901 UK census, so for anyone who
      has ancestors from England, this is a great opportunity to find
      them. To view the images you have to pay a fee but the index search
      details are completely free.

      To access your free search, visit
      http://allcensusrecords.com/england/ and look on the left side bar
      for the clickable image.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Also, you might want to take a look at LOST FACES at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/faces/

      I recently found (and bought) a late 1800s, early 1900s era photo
      album from Ontario. The album is in superb condition, it looks as
      good as new. I couldn't resist this album especially when I saw the
      names written inside

      Inside are 26 photos, many have names written under them.There are
      even 2 locks of long blonde hair tied with faded pink ribbon, tucked
      beside one of the photos.

      I'd like to see the photos go to a good home! The surnames are
      MOSER, ZILER, DIETRICH and DESJARDINE.

      It's a Photo Album of the Moser, Ziler family of Waterloo and
      Middlesex Counties, Ontario. To read more, see
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/faces/

      Click on List of Family Photo Albums, then on the one you want to
      look at.

      I have another Canadian (Ontario) Civil War era album that I bought
      this past weekend and it will be online today or tomorrow. Some of
      the surnames of these Niagara area families include KILLMAN,
      SPENCER,STOREY, DANIELS, STERNBURGH, GARNER, CARROW.

      Also I have a fantastic 50-photo Civil War era album for the
      HASKELL, WHITING, CARPENTER, ANGELL, THAYER families of New England.
      It will be online later this week. Stay tuned!