1911 Canada census indexes, English records online, and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2005
      Hello everyone

      Well, summer is almost over and it has flown by! I've been super
      busy (aren't we all!) with my new grandson who is now 4 months old,
      my son's wedding (two weeks away) and of course, my websites.

      Yesterday I put a brand new website online -- I'm really excited
      about it, so please take a minute and have a look. Let me know what
      you think! It's for English Genealogy and is called
      AllEnglishRecords.com It's at http://allenglishrecords.com/

      It might have some 'bugs' or wrinkles in it as I haven't had a lot
      of time to finish checking that all the links work and all the pages
      are there. Bear with me as I work on it over the next few weeks.

      My idea behind this website is to gather as many English, Irish and
      Scottish records as I can so those of us with English heritage can
      more easily find our ancestors. I also wanted to link to all my
      odds 'n ends of records on my other websites, to make sure visitors
      can find them more easily. I've got English records online that I'd
      forgotten about! You know you have too many websites when you can't
      remember what's on them :-)

      Read on for more news of new records online. Remember all records on
      Olive Tree Genealogy and all my partner sites are FREE. There is no
      cost to use them, so enjoy!

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Today AllCensusRecords.com uploaded the following surname
      indexes for the 1911 Canadian census:

      -Bruce County, Huron Township
      -Durham County, CartwrightTownship
      -Grey County, St. Vincent Township
      -Simcoe County, TinyTownship
      -Wellington County, PuslinchTownship - Aberfoyle Village
      -Wellington County, PuslinchTownship - Arkell Village corrections

      On August 10th, AllCensusRecords.com uploaded the following surname
      indexes for the 1911 Canadian census:

      -Dufferin County, Mulmur Township
      -Simcoe County, Nottawasaga Township
      -Victoria County, Mariposa Township

      On August 4th, AllCensusRecords.com uploaded the following surname
      indexes for the 1911 Canadian census:

      - Simcoe County Christian Island Indian Reserve
      - Simcoe County, Town of Orillia
      - Simcoe County, Coldwater
      - Victoria County,Haliburton, Mariposa

      To see the surnames, start at the index to Ontario Census
      Records for 1911 at
      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/ontario/ontario1911.shtml
      and scroll down to the County you want.

      Thanks to volunteers Adrian Donley, Colleen Andrews, Heather
      Bertram, Kathryn Morano, Joan Rawn and Noreen Sergovitch
      for their work in indexing these census records.for their work in
      indexing these census records.

      Volunteers are needed! Why not pick an area where you are
      looking for ancestors, and write out the surnames on each
      census page? It only takes a few minutes and it will help
      others.

      To see what is being worked on, check the Volunteer page at
      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/1911volunteers.htm

      Write to me at olivetreegenealogy@... and tell me what area
      you want to index. See
      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/ontario/ontario1911.shtml for
      full instructions on volunteering for the 1911 Census Surname
      Indexing Project.

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      AncestorsAtRest.com has been busy. Recent free records put online
      include:

      * Burials from the Parish Registers for the Zion Evangelical
      Lutheran Church in Lykens, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. If you want
      to see them go to http://www.ancestorsatrest.com/church_records/

      * Over 100 photos of graves in the Cataraqui Cemetery, Frontenac
      County, Kingston Township, Kingston Ontario. This is one of the
      oldest graveyards in Ontario. If you want to take a peek just go to

      http://www.ancestorsatrest.com/cemetery_records/

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Olive Tree Genealogy has uploaded more free Missouri Newspaper
      Transcriptions.

      One batch is for Jefferson County Record of April 1911 at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/usa_genealogy/mo_jefferson.htm

      Second batch of uploaded files is for Jefferson Democrat
      April, May, Aug, Sept & Oct. 1883 at
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/usa_genealogy/mo_newspaper.htm

      These uploads add to the newspaper transcriptions online
      from 1866-1911. You can view the index of what is available
      at

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/usa_genealogy/missouri-news.htm

      Be sure to check my OliveTreeGenealogy blog frequently for other
      updates and announcements. http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com

      Enjoy!