1911 Canada Census, Lost Faces, New online documents

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2005
      hi everyone,

      Here's what's new and free online on Olive Tree and her sister sites
      for July:

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Canadian 1911 census online and indexes begun:

      ~~ A partial index of 1911 census Hillsdale, Craighurst & Waverley,
      Simcoe County, Medonte Township sections is now online at
      AllCensusRecords.com

      ~~ An every surname index of 1911 census of Flos Township, Simcoe
      County is now online at AllCensusRecords.com

      This what is indexed so far:
      Subdistrict 1: 8 pages
      Subdistrict 3: 8 pages
      Subdistrict 4: (Village of Elmvale) 13 pages

      ~~ A partial index of St Mary's Perth County census for 1911 is now
      online at AllCensusRecords.com

      Use this link:

      http://allcensusrecords.com/canada/ontario/ontario1911.shtml

      Then click on the links under SIMCOE COUNTY and PERTH COUNTY.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      LOST FACES - Old Photo Albums online

      Some of you know that I have a little corner of my website
      called "Lost Faces". LOST FACES is my collection of Family
      Photo Albums. One of my little hobbies is going to flea
      markets and garage sales. Whenever I spot one of those old
      Photo Albums from the 1800s with family pictures, I have to
      buy it! I can't bear the thought that the album and photos
      will be lost or destroyed. Even though they aren't my
      ancestors, and they can be very expensive, I can't walk away
      without it.

      I recently found three Civil War era brass bound photo album
      in an antique store. Maybe someone can spot an ancestor! The albumsy
      are:

      ~~ Civil War Era Photo Album of Mrs. W. D. Hanchette

      Surnames include Hanchette, Bissell, Sigmund, Warren, Hirradale?,
      Doolittle, Knapp, Graham, Cottrell, Harding:

      Locations include: Philadelphia Pennsylvania

      ~~ Civil War Era Photo Album Hoover family of Pennsylvania

      Surnames include: Hoover, Herr, Groff, Souders

      Locations include : Lancaster Pennsylvania

      ~~ LEE, WILLSON, BADENOCH Family Album of Brant County, Ontario

      Surnames include Lee, Willson, Badenoch, Pepper, Shaver, Muma,
      Edwards, Blundy, Weaver, Clark, Lever, Green, Drake, Mannen, Bell,
      Jacobs, heron, Kitchen

      Locations include Brantford, London, Ingersoll (all in Ontario
      Canada) and Little Falls New York

      You'll find an index here
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/faces

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Odds 'n Ends

      Anybirthday.com is offline for good. Their server used to
      crash at times, but you could always get to their search
      form although you couldn't do a search. Now you can't even
      get to their search form -- you get a page-not-found error
      instead. And when you go to their partner site,
      locateme.com, you get a message saying that their domain
      registration has expired.

      That means that Steve Morse's one-step form which obtains
      its data from anybirthday.com no longer works. But the good
      news is that he has found another source for the birthday
      data and created a one-step form for it. You can find that
      one-step form in the Births and Deaths section of his
      homepage http://stevemorse.org/

      There are two links for birthday forms there -- one to the
      now-defunct anybirthday.com and the other that uses this new
      source.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      Last but not Least!

      I have a neat little spot on Olive Tree Genealogy that provides
      daily updates of new genealogy data put online. I just figured out
      how to do this automatically a few weeks ago and am so excited about
      it I want to share it with everyone. The records are FREE and they
      are updated every day. I think you'll find it helpful in your search
      for miscellaneous records like family bibles, old letters, funeral
      cards, and much much more.

      You can see the list, and click to view the full document, on any of
      my Genealogy Section pages such as Ships Passenger Lists at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/

      Scroll down a bit to "What's New in FREE Genealogy Records" The left
      side of the yellow box has free trials on Ancestry and
      Genealogy.com. The right side has the free Olive Tree documents.

      Bookmark the page and you can come back and check every few days to
      see what new records I've added to the collection.

      Enjoy!