Updates on Olive Tree & other sites

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello everyone

      Lots to tell you about this month :-)

      1. San Francisco 1867 Great Register online
      2. English Census Information on AllCensusRecords.com
      3. Free access June 15-17 to 1920 USA Census Records
      4. BlacksheepAncestors.com
      5. AncestorsAtRest.com
      6. Family Tree Magazine Best 101 Undiscovered Websites 2005

      *******************************
      1. San Francisco 1867 Great Register online

      Sfgenealogy.com has a new TAG production, the San Francisco
      1867 Great Register.

      The Register is a voter registration index that contains
      information on approximately 16,365 individual males,
      including naturalization details for many of them.

      Naturalization details include date, place and court of
      naturalization

      http://www.sfgenealogy.com/sf/1867g/sfgr67.htm

      For more online naturalization records, see
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/

      Choose your state of interest, then select ONLINE RECORDS
      for that state.

      *******************************

      2. English Census information has been added to
      http://allcensusrecords.com/

      If you are looking for English ancestors, you'll want to check this
      site.

      *******************************

      3. Speaking of census -- here's a scoop for Olive Tree Genealogy
      newsletter subscribers! From June 15-17 (this week) Ancestry is
      allowing FREE ACCESS to the 1920 USA census! That's right, it's
      free, no credit card required, and you heard it here first.

      I'm giving my subscribers advance notice so you can start bright and
      early at 1 minute after midnight if you want on June 15th. I've set
      up a special page with the free links at

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ancestry/census.shtml

      This isn't a free trial, it's totally free access (no credit card
      asked for) so enjoy! Remember it doesn't start til midnight Mountain
      Time on the 15th.

      *******************************
      4. BlacksheepAncestors.com has lots of new records online. There's a
      new England section at http://blacksheepancestors.com/uk/ For a
      complete list of all prison records in the US on blacksheep go to
      http://blacksheepancestors.com/whats_new.shtml

      PS ~ Family Tree Magazine chose BlacksheepAncestors as one of 101
      Best Undiscovered Web Sites of 2005.

      *******************************
      5. AncestorsAtRest.com has also been busy. Check out this site for
      death records of all kinds - coffin plates, funeral cards, funeral
      home records, cemeteries, obits, and more.
      http://ancestorsatrest.com/

      PS ~ Family Tree Magazine chose AncestorsAtRest as one of 101 Best
      Undiscovered Web Sites of 2005.

      *******************************
      6. Last but not least, Family Tree Magazine chose my site
      USA and Canada Naturalization & Citizenship Records at
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/ as one of 101 Best
      Undiscovered Web Sites of 2005.

      Go to http://www.familytreemagazine.com/101sites/2005/ and
      to see the sites chosen this year. NaturalizationRecords.com
      is in the category DOCUMENT DISCOVERIES

      If you haven't explored NaturalizationRecords.com before,
      you might want to head for the Site Map at
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/sitemap.shtml after you
      read the intro.

      Enjoy!