April on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005

      I just returned from a week in Salt Lake City doing research at the
      wonderful Library there. If you ever get a chance to make that trip,
      do! It's fantastic.

      I wrote up 10 Tips for using the Library called "Salt Lake City,
      Ready, Set, Go!" if you are interested. It's at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/articles/slc.shtml

      I had good success with one of my lines and managed to find my g-g-
      grandmother's parents. I can't wait to return next year and look for
      more

      Still on the personal side of things, my new grandson was born April
      11th - Colby is my youngest son's first child. You can have a look
      at the bio of Tyler (my son) and a pic of little Colby (one day
      old!) at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/tyler.shtml

      I already had the fun of looking after Colby for an entire night
      (I'd forgotten what it's like to get up every 3 hours!) and am
      enjoying him immensely.

      ************************

      I hope everyone knows about Steve Morse's new one-step search engine
      for Philadelphia Passenger Records (1883-1945). Steve's One-Step
      Search Engines are quickly becoming the most popular genealogy
      search engines online.

      http://stevemorse.org/ellis/philfolder.html

      To view all Steve's One-Steps, see http://stevemorse.org/

      ************************

      I don't usually announce Ancestry.com's new sales and such, but they
      have a very good deal on right now. It only lasts til May 20th so I
      thought I would let you know about it, especially since it includes
      the entire Immigration Database they have online.

      With this deal you can save over $200.00 on the Ancestry Value
      Collection. Separately these 5 databases cost $409.75. For only
      $199.95 you have a one-year subscription to all of these:

      US Records Collection
      One World Tree
      US Census Collection
      United Kingdom & Ireland Collection
      Immigration Collection

      For details on what these collections include, see
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/value-collection.shtml

      ************************

      I have a lot of new databases for volunteers to transcribe to go
      online on Olive Tree - some terrific new immigration databases for
      the USA, some Canadian records, some English records, and more. They
      will hopefully be online in the next few months so keep watching my
      Monthly List of New Free Databases. The index to each month's list
      is at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/freedata.shtml but I'm a little
      behind in updating it.

      Anyone having trouble navigating Olive Tree might want to try my
      Site Map -- http://olivetreegenealogy.com/sitemap.shtml

      It is a text list of what's online, with direct links to get you
      there.

      Good luck in your searches!