180Ask Olive Tree!

    Jan 4, 2009
      Happy New Year! I hope 2009 will prove to be sucessful in
      every way.

      December was a busy month so I didn't have too much time to
      bring new data online. However I do have some news that I
      think is kind of exciting.

      Some of you probably know that I read and answer a lot of
      questions on various genealogy mailing lists. I've been
      doing this for years but I decided that starting in 2009 I
      would use a slightly different method.

      Don't get me wrong, I am still going to respond to mailing
      list queries whenever possible. But I thought there was a
      better way to help other researchers, so I started a Blog
      called Ask Olive Tree. It's at
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com/

      AskOliveTree is a central place where I can post your
      questions and my answers, and where anyone dropping by can
      read them - and join in! Yes, anyone can leave a comment on
      any of the queries and answers on AskOliveTree.

      Do you need help finding an ancestor? Do you have a
      genealogy question you would like to ask me? Do you want to
      know where to find certain genealogy records?

      You can ask any kind of question from "How do I find my
      grandpa Harry on a ships' passenger list from Ireland to
      New York in the 1800s?" to "What's the Dutch name for
      Anna?" to "What does the British Bonus System mean?" (all
      of these are actual questions asked and answered)

      If you want help finding an elusive ancestor, please be
      sure that you provide me with a concise (brief) summary of
      your ancestor with dates and locations. Tell me where you
      have looked and what you want to find out.

      Basically I want to help - either by finding your elusive
      ancestor, or by directing you to the sources you need to
      find him/her yourself or by answering a question about
      resources or name and boundary changes or.... whatever!

      The email address to use if you want to submit a question
      is askolivetree@...

      So take a peek at my new site
      http://askolivetree.blogspot.com/ Ask Olive Tree. Read a
      few of the queries already posted and then flex your typing
      fingers and send me a question.

      Looking forward to hearing from you!

      * Olive Tree Genealogy (Ships Passenger Lists)
      * Images of Ships Lists
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      otg@... or olivetreegenealogy@...