Re: newbie intro

  • slotrod65
    Message 1 of 84 , Jun 1, 2003
      --- In OldRockets@yahoogroups.com, doug holverson <dholverson@c...>
      wrote:

      > squint your imagination real hard and pretend that the Probe made a
      round
      > trip to Venus and back and returned with a frightened and unwilling
      > kid-napped Little Green Man specimen.

      Hey, I saw the Abbot and Costello miovie.... only women live on
      Venus... no little green men!!

      > It seems like a lot of their current stuff is conceived by creative
      >committee or wide-eyed recent art school grads getting that first
      >job on their resume, neither of which with any working feeling of
      >the company's roots.

      I get the impression that it is more like this:
      "Here, design new stick on decals for last years kits. We will put in
      a different color body tube, and call it a new name, those kids won't
      know the difference!"

      However, despite the above impression, the Military reissues at least
      will present a few new nosecone oprions, and again, unless it is all
      plastic, or RTF, can the Outlander really be designed as a marketed
      to the kids?

      In regards to old rockets and re-issues. The Orbital transport was a
      real litmus test. Does anyone know how many were produced? I still
      see them on shelves here and there, and I know it was an
      intentionally limited run. If ESTES could not sell all that were
      made, then why should they bother with any other re-issues?

      How about a letter writing campaign to request another specific kit
      re-issue? If ESTES is even semi-inclined to offer another re-issue
      this year, and they coincidentally received say, 30 or so letters
      requesting the same re-issue, that might have some impact.....

      All we need to do is to all agree to a kit to request.
    • Doug Sams
      Message 84 of 84 , Jun 11, 2003
        Bill Eichelberger wrote:

        > What could possibly distinguish you