Re: [OldRockets] Estes Saros info

  • Kevin Preston
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
      Did anyone ever get around to re-casting the Saros nose cone halves?

      I have the bottom of my old Saros. TWICE I lost the top section...the first was the original, back then you could still get the plastic cones from them. So I got a new TA adapter, short body tube, and nose cone, put in a new shock cord and mount, and lost the top AGAIN! This was a good 25 years ago if not more.

      I know someone recast the Interceptor parts, anyone redo Saros?

      KP (not been active in this group for like 2 years!)

      James Gartrell <thegartrells@...> wrote:
      Hi all,
      IIRC, peeking through the packaging on my Estes Saros, I can see a
      portion of the parts list. I can see the following parts (noted sizes
      and other info are per the Estes '74 Custom Parts catalog):
      1) PRP-54, nose cone halves, fins and adapters
      2) BT-50H, 7.75" BT-50
      3) BT-20M, 2.25" BT-20
      4) BT-20D, 6.5" BT-20
      5) AR-2050
      6) EH-2
      That's all I can see.
      I finally "uncovered" some items out of storage and will be sending
      scans of them to Scott, soon. Nothing really fantastic, just some items
      that aren't already in someone's plan site. I've already sent him the
      scan of the Saros decal. I'll let you all know when I send the other
      items to Scott.
      James

      If you hate this list, then you will certainly not like ScaleRoc, also available through Onelist; and you will absolutely detest the NAR's website, http://www.nar.org

      National association of mortgage bankers Model rockets National association of variable annuities Estes model rockets National court reporting association

      ---------------------------------

    • Scott McCrate
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
        --- In OldRockets@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Preston <kevintpreston@y...>
        wrote:

        > Did anyone ever get around to re-casting the Saros nose cone halves?
        >
        > I have the bottom of my old Saros. TWICE I lost the top
        section...the first was the original, back then you could still get
        the plastic cones from them. So I got a new TA adapter, short body
        tube, and nose cone, put in a new shock cord and mount, and lost the
        top AGAIN! This was a good 25 years ago if not more.

        > I know someone recast the Interceptor parts, anyone redo Saros?
        >
        > KP (not been active in this group for like 2 years!)

        Welcome back! Here's the site you're looking for:

        http://moldinoldies.rocketshoppe.com/estes2.htm

        This is the estes parts page and the Saros parts are at the bottom.
        The maker says they're fragile and recommended for display purposes
        only and will only have them available until the original mold wears
        out. I imagine they were a pain to make!

        Scott McCrate NAR 71680