Re: Didi I miss something here?

  • Drew Tomko
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2 6:13 AM
      The description lists a B6-0 as the motor for the booster. the Beta
      was converted to mini engines after the S motors were discontinued.
      Since the overall length of the clone matches the original, the
      booster must be longer and the main stage BT shorter.
      Drew Tomko

      --- In OldRockets@yahoogroups.com, bill.eichelberger@u... wrote:

      > Don wrote:
      > >Thrustline is now producing a clone of the Estes Beta. Am I
      behind the
      > >curve here or is this a kit you can't get engines for?
      >

      > http://www.rocketryonline.com/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi?
      all_rockets&1075872302

      > Not easily. I've heard that they're possible to find online
      somewhere, but
      > I don't remember where. This seems to be a strange choice for a
      clone kit.
      > It was my first rocket and I'd never consider buying one. It's a
      pretty
      > vanilla kit as they go. I cloned one out of a sense of personal
      history,
      > but........zzzzzzz.
    • Craig McGraw
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2 8:16 AM
        From: "Drew Tomko" <dtomko@...>
        Subject: [OldRockets] Re: Didi I miss something here?

        > The description lists a B6-0 as the motor for the booster. the Beta
        > was converted to mini engines after the S motors were discontinued.
        > Since the overall length of the clone matches the original, the
        > booster must be longer and the main stage BT shorter.
        > Drew Tomko

        Speculation, but you *could* use that B6-0 in a
        sort-of CHAD configuration -- half of the motor
        casing would be hanging out the back end...

        Might have to add some nose weight to balance out
        the shift in CofG...

        Don't suppose he'd be *suggesting* the use of a
        cut-down B6, would he?

        Craig McGraw

        ---
        [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Mobile Internet Services]
      • Tim
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2 2:02 PM
          Craig McGraw wrote:

          > Don't suppose he'd be *suggesting* the use of a
          > cut-down B6, would he?

          It may be what he suggests. I've done it several times with 100%
          success, but only when I was launching alone at home, never at a public
          launch.
        • Kelo Waivio
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2 5:35 PM
            It says recommended engines are 1/2A6-2 and B6-0 (or smaller). What smaller
            booster motor is they thinkin of?

            Kelo "wishing for A8-0's" Waivio
            NAR 72132
            SMASH 500
            www.homestead.com/smashnar500

            > >Thrustline is now producing a clone of the Estes Beta. Am I behind the
            > >curve here or is this a kit you can't get engines for?

            http://www.rocketryonline.com/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi?all_rockets&10758
            72302

            > Not easily. I've heard that they're possible to find online somewhere,
            but
            > I don't remember where. This seems to be a strange choice for a clone
            kit.
            > It was my first rocket and I'd never consider buying one. It's a pretty
            > vanilla kit as they go. I cloned one out of a sense of personal history,
            > but........zzzzzzz.
            >

            > If you hate this list, then you will certainly not like ScaleRoc, also
            available through Onelist; and you will absolutely detest the NAR's website,
            http://www.nar.org

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • doug holverson
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 11:50 AM
              I liked the typo in the title. In InterStellar OverDrive, Didi is the little
              sister of "Wicked Winnie". Fortunately the Tangent rocket was never called
              Didi despite being the little sister of the Wicked Winnie.

              DGH