Christmas in September

  • Bruce Thomas
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2001
      I have just posted some more of my old Centuri and Estes Rocketry items on
      eBay.

      Two different styles of Estes Model Rocket Flight Data Sheets
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633877667

      1974 Centuri 'Temporary Condensed' Catalog 74
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633880505

      Fall 1976 Issue #8 Centuri Rocket Times
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633881951

      AND

      The 1977 Estes Christmas Edition Model Rocketry Catalog introducing the
      upcoming new Star Wars Model Rockets
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633887765

      Bruce Thomas
    • doug holverson
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
        > From: "Bruce Thomas" <rbthomas@...>
        > Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:04:21 -0600
        > To: <OldRockets@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [OldRockets] Christmas in September
        >
        > I have just posted some more of my old Centuri and Estes Rocketry items on
        > eBay.
        >
        > Two different styles of Estes Model Rocket Flight Data Sheets
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633877667
        >
        > 1974 Centuri 'Temporary Condensed' Catalog 74
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633880505
        >
        > Fall 1976 Issue #8 Centuri Rocket Times
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633881951
        >
        > AND
        >
        > The 1977 Estes Christmas Edition Model Rocketry Catalog introducing the
        > upcoming new Star Wars Model Rockets
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1633887765
        >
        > Bruce Thomas

        If anybody in this group buys these, please scan and donate to Ninfinger.

        DGH
      • Jay Goemmer
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
          > > I have just posted some more of my old Centuri and Estes Rocketry
          > > items on eBay.
          >
          > [massive snippage]
          >
          > If anybody in this group buys these, please scan and donate to
          > Ninfinger.

          Hear, hear. I checked with Bruce, and he indicated the "Rocket
          Times" #8 Design Contest winner was "Safat" by Wally Wang, which
          *isn't* scanned and posted yet.

          TIA,

          --Jay
        • bill_eichelberger@firstar.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
            > > > I have just posted some more of my old Centuri and Estes
            Rocketry
            > > > items on eBay.
            > >
            > > [massive snippage]
            > >
            > > If anybody in this group buys these, please scan and donate to
            > > Ninfinger.
            >
            > Hear, hear. I checked with Bruce, and he indicated the "Rocket
            > Times" #8 Design Contest winner was "Safat" by Wally Wang, which
            > *isn't* scanned and posted yet.
            >
            > TIA,
            >
            > --Jay
            Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?
          • Jay Goemmer
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
              --- In OldRockets@y..., bill_eichelberger@f... wrote:

              > --- In OldRockets@y..., "Jay Goemmer" <centuriguy@l...> wrote:
              >
              > > I checked with Bruce, and he indicated the "Rocket Times" #8
              > > Design Contest winner was "Safat" by Wally Wang, which *isn't*
              > > scanned and posted yet.
              >
              > Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?

              <smacks forehead> D'oh! Why didn't *I* think of that?

              Seriously wondering if Bill isn't a genius (or if he just had a flash
              of objective insight),

              --Jay
              "Centuri Guy"
            • bill_eichelberger@firstar.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
                --- In OldRockets@y..., "Jay Goemmer" <centuriguy@l...> wrote:
                > --- In OldRockets@y..., bill_eichelberger@f... wrote:
                >
                > > --- In OldRockets@y..., "Jay Goemmer" <centuriguy@l...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > I checked with Bruce, and he indicated the "Rocket Times" #8
                > > > Design Contest winner was "Safat" by Wally Wang, which *isn't*
                > > > scanned and posted yet.
                > >
                > > Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?
                >
                > <smacks forehead> D'oh! Why didn't *I* think of that?
                >

                > Seriously wondering if Bill isn't a genius (or if he just had a
                flash
                > of objective insight),
                >
                > --Jay
                > "Centuri Guy"
                I'd bet on neither. Occasionally when my head pops out of my a** the
                resulting change of pressure clears my sinuses. Suddenly everything
                seems clearer. (Wally Wang sounds like an unfortunate nickname I had
                in college. Could it be a pen name or do you think someone's parents
                were actually that cruel?)
              • Bruce Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
                  >> > If anybody in this group buys these, please scan and donate to
                  >> > Ninfinger.
                  >>
                  >> Hear, hear. I checked with Bruce, and he indicated the "Rocket
                  >> Times" #8 Design Contest winner was "Safat" by Wally Wang, which
                  >> *isn't* scanned and posted yet.

                  >> --Jay
                  >Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?

                  I 'could' but I'm not sure how that would sit with the buyer. Would you be
                  willing to shell out a few bucks for some hard to find items if the seller
                  was going to make it available for free? I will ask the buyer if they are a
                  member of the group and if they are able to scan the catalogs.

                  Bruce
                • doug holverson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
                    > From: bill_eichelberger@...
                    > Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:10:15 -0000
                    > To: OldRockets@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [OldRockets] Re: Christmas in September
                    >
                    > --- In OldRockets@y..., "Jay Goemmer" <centuriguy@l...> wrote:
                    >> --- In OldRockets@y..., bill_eichelberger@f... wrote:

                    >>> Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?
                    >>
                    >> <smacks forehead> D'oh! Why didn't *I* think of that?
                    >>

                    >> Seriously wondering if Bill isn't a genius (or if he just had a
                    > flash
                    >> of objective insight),
                    >>
                    >> --Jay
                    >> "Centuri Guy"
                    > I'd bet on neither. Occasionally when my head pops out of my a** the
                    > resulting change of pressure clears my sinuses. Suddenly everything
                    > seems clearer. (Wally Wang sounds like an unfortunate nickname I had
                    > in college. Could it be a pen name or do you think someone's parents
                    > were actually that cruel?)

                    Well, there was a Harry Dick and a John Thomas in my old home town.

                    DGH
                  • Steven Rogers
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
                      > >Could Bruce possibly scan it before it gets away?
                      >
                      >I 'could' but I'm not sure how that would sit with the buyer. Would you be
                      >willing to shell out a few bucks for some hard to find items if the seller
                      >was going to make it available for free? I will ask the buyer if they are a
                      >member of the group and if they are able to scan the catalogs.

                      The buyer isn't buying the rights to the images. Most people (like me)
                      who have a few of these don't care whether the content is available
                      elsewhere - its the actual artifact that has value.

                      Scan it for posterity!

                      Steve
                      --

                      Steve Rogers
                      Austin TX -- AIM: StevRocket
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 4, 2001
                        --- In OldRockets@y..., bill_eichelberger@f... wrote:

                        > --- In OldRockets@y..., "Jay Goemmer" <centuriguy@l...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Seriously wondering if Bill isn't a genius (or if he just had a
                        > > flash of objective insight),
                        > >
                        > I'd bet on neither. Occasionally when my head pops out of my a**
                        > the resulting change of pressure clears my sinuses. Suddenly
                        > everything seems clearer.

                        "Wow! *Sunshine!*"

                        > (Wally Wang sounds like an unfortunate nickname I had in college.
                        > Could it be a pen name or do you think someone's parents were
                        > actually that cruel?)

                        The former owners of a furniture store in town named their
                        daughter "Candy Cain." And what was my buddy the cop doing when he
                        named his son "Thom Thom?" (I'm *not* kidding.)

                        --Jay
                      • lzeilmann@kc.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 7, 2001
                          Jay,

                          Do you reside in Illinois? I went to school with a girl named Candy
                          Cain. Of course she would be 44 now. Just a wild grasp at the past.

                          Larry

                          > The former owners of a furniture store in town named their
                          > daughter "Candy Cain." And what was my buddy the cop doing when he
                          > named his son "Thom Thom?" (I'm *not* kidding.)
                          >
                          > --Jay
                        • Jay Goemmer
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 7, 2001
                            --- In OldRockets@y..., lzeilmann@k... wrote:

                            > Jay,
                            >
                            > Do you reside in Illinois? I went to school with a girl named Candy
                            > Cain. Of course she would be 44 now. Just a wild grasp at the past.

                            Larry:

                            No, but my mother-in-law grew up near Robinson and Oblong,
                            Illinois. I have to confess I'm from the *other* "I" state usually
                            referred to as, "Iowa? Isn't that where they grow potatoes?"

                            --No, that's *Idaho.* >:-<

                            And I'm not sure how old Candy Cain from Twin Falls, Idaho is, but
                            she *could* be about that age -- which is slightly older than I am at
                            39.

                            Cheers,

                            --Jay