Re: David Shermet

  • blshcb
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 27, 2005
      Ruth I agree completely with your well written impressions of David. I found his style to be
      refreshing and enjoyed our brief interactions with him.
      We look forward to seeing him again on the Regatta next year. Hopefully he will still be
      there.
      Beatrice

      --- In OceanaCruiser@yahoogroups.com, "cwassant" <cwassant@y...> wrote:
      > I am so sorry that David as Cruise Director didn't work for you.
      > Mine was one of the recent posts praising David, following our
      > 3/30 transatlantic aboard Regatta. Of course this in no way
      > claims to invalidate your experience, but we found David to be
      > excellent in the position - and our Regatta experience includes
      > both the exceptional Leslie Jon and John Paul. (Also, another,
      > better left unmentioned, who has come and gone.) I remember
      > that in my post (#27529) I referred to David's style as being a bit
      > more "cerebral". Unlike JR - as well as the two CDs mentioned
      > above - David is not as effusive or voluble; less "gushy", with a
      > lower instant-intimacy factor. And, unlike the others, David is not
      > from the entertainment world. For us this was not a negative in
      > any way: simply a different and interesting stylistic approach. His
      > was a "killer" Trivia (Yes!!!) and we greatly enjoyed his MC-ing of
      > all Regatta's events. A divergent opinion - but when is that ever
      > lacking on this board? :-)
      > Ruth

    • oldleop
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 22, 2005
        According to Shani who was onboard the Regatta last week before taking
        over from Peter (Peter was a poor Cruise Director on our 11/05 Regatta
        Cruise), David (who is one of the best) is currently on Insignia.
      • chuck_bram
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 22, 2005
          We were on the 11/05 Regatta sailing, and we didn't think Peter was a
          poor cruise director. We liked him. To each, his own, I guess.