Occoquan Fall District Training Day & IOLS

  • Leonard Ritter
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2013
    Scout Leaders,
                              We are now a short month away from District Training.  I am extremely concerned over the lack of registration emails received for either District Training Day or IOLS - again, I've attached both flyers.  I need your assistance because its your units and new leaders that need this training.  Our District Instructors sacrifice their time to put together their specific ciricullum to deliver an effective course/class so that our new Scout Leaders will be prepared and confident in delivering programs to the unit.

    I'm asking each of you that are unit leaders to canvas your unit between now and Roundtable and make personal contact with those in your unit that still need training: Cub, Scout, Venture, Varsity, Committee.  Get their commitment to attend and then bring a sheet with their respective classes they've registered for to Roundtable with you and I'll pre-register all of those you bring to me.

    If I don't get a sufficient number of scouters (right now I have less than I can count on one hand), then I will be forced to cancel the training - that could have a significant impact since re-chartering is right around the corner.  If you have questions or comments you can contact me by email or the below numbers.

    YIS,
    Len Ritter
    District Training Chair
    Occoquan District
    h: 703-794-8571
    m: 703-517-0597
  • Roger LaBrie
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2013
      We have two  for recharter trig on 5 December so far

      Pack35Brian Almeidabma@...
      Troop35Linda Gibsonmailto:legogibson@...

      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013
        Scout Leaders,
                                 As indicated below, I will be collecting the training sheet that I asked you about at Roundtable tomorrow night.  Please make sure you have, at a minimum either an email address or phone number where I can contact the registrants to get additional information prior to the training.

        We currently have a total of 11 registered courses - some of those are the same people taking multiple courses.  For IOLS we have only two registrants that have yet to be confirmed with registrations.  I do not consider these numbers sufficient to conduct training unless I get a lot of names tomorrow night.

        YIS,
        Len Ritter
        District Training Chair
        Occoquan District
        h: 703-794--8571
        m: 703-517-0597

        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2013
          Scout Leaders,
                                   Due to your last minute push and the exceptional webpage done up by Ken Eggers, District Training Day is a go!  You can probably count on IOLS too!  I appreciated your support at Roundtable, but let's not stop.  There are still plenty of seats available in all the courses so spread the word!!  As always, we won't turn anyone away and walk-ins are welcomed.  Just makes it difficult for our instructors that are making handouts and other activities if they don't have a good count.

          YIS,
          Len Ritter
          District Training Chair
          Occoquan District
          h: 703-794-8571
          m: 703-517-0597

          Message 5 of 5 , Aug 24 4:31 PM
            Occoquan Scouters,
                                          Summer is coming quickly to a close and our Fall District Training Day (4 Oct) and Individual Outdoor Leadership Skills (24-25 Oct) is coming up.  You can register for both events online.  Please take a moment to look at the courses being offered and determine which ones you need.  All new leaders should pay special attention and make every effort to attend.  I have send out notifications to all Occoquan District Key Three personnel to encourage them to facilitate new leaders attending.  For all of you who have taken these courses once, twice, maybe more, consider becoming an instructor.  We have a great need for volunteer instructors in order to provide the wide variety of courses we do.  Please notify me soonest if you are interested.  Only a couple of the courses (both DTD and IOLS) require a full day's commitment; most just a few hours that will make a big difference to these scouters and their units.  Look forward to seeing many of you at the training.

            YIS,
            Len Ritter
            Training Chair
            Occoquan District