Re: [Occoquan Scouting Newsgroup] District Training Day and IOLS

  • Leonard Ritter
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2013
      Excellent Erik, thank you so much.

      YIS,
      Len

      From: "erikdorman@..." <erikdorman@...>
      To: Leonard Ritter <lenritter@...>
      Cc: Occoquan@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [Occoquan Scouting Newsgroup] District Training Day and IOLS

      Len - I and Fred Thompson, if he is available, will conduct the Life to Eagle Seminar.

      Thank you,
      Erik Dorman

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2013
        Fellow Scouters,
                                    Now only three short weeks out from our District Training Day and still desparately short on instructors and candidates.  Guess if there's no candidates the need for instructors is moot, but it's not fair to even one person that wants to and can't be training because lack of resources.

        Right now I only have Hy Hunsaker who has volunteered to instruct cub scouting; but don't have cub instructors for: Introduction to Cub Scouting, How We Have Fun, Tiger, Wolf, Webelos, Cubmaster, and Pack Committee Leader Specific Training.  I know most of the Cubscout training is online - perhaps your leaders are meeting the requirements that way.  Still, something to be said about getting together in training opportunities.

        Would also put in another request for IOLS instructors - what a great way to spend a Saturday!  I could use a Wood Tools, First Aid, Scouts Own Service instructors as well as anyone interested in serving as a Troop Guide.  Remember, IOLS this time will be held at the Coast Guard Base on Telegraph Rd. in Alexandria, VA.

        Please - inundate my inbox - it would make me very happy!

        YIS,
        Len Ritter
        District Training Chair
        Occoquan District