NCAC Memorial Day Weekend hiking event -the opening of the Washington DC History of Scouting Trails (HOST).

  • Ken & Marcia EGGERS
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2013
    NCAC Memorial Day Weekend hiking event.--the opening of the Washington DC History of Scouting Trails (HOST).

    Attach is a PowerPoint file that speaks to the educational & charitable purpose of the trails. Those that hike the 6 mile Colin Livingstone Trail on Memorial Day Weekend are eligible for the limited edition medal pictured in the file. There is a shorter 2 mile trail intended for the younger Cub Scouts. For this hike there will be a limited edition pin available.

    If you are not already familiar with the HOST and its purposes visit the links below and encourage Occoquan units to join the event.

    You may register to hike and reserve your commemorative opening week end patches at http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/event/host-trail-inaugural-weekend/1329534.

    The HOST is on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HistoryOfScoutingTrail?fref=ts. If you see the picture of all the Scouts among troop & American flags at the 1937 Jamboree, that is my Troop 8 towards the lower right corner.

    I do hope we will have units from all of the NCAC Districts joining in this hike and filling the streets of Washington, DC with Scouts in Class A uniforms over the Memorial Day Weekend. Our goal is to increase our numbers from 1000 towards 3000.

    Yours in Scouting,
    Jim Short
    301 949-1285