- Latest from NCAC! NCAC E-Source: Spring Voice of the Scout [ Printer Friendly View (may need to adjust left and right page margins to .5 or less for bestMessage 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013View Source
Latest from NCAC! NCAC E-Source: Spring Voice of the Scout [Printer Friendly View (may need to adjust left and right page margins to .5 or less for best printing)]
A Special Bulletin from National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
Spring Voice of the Scout to Launch March 8th
The Spring Voice of the Scout (VOS) survey is scheduled to launch on Friday, March 8th. VOS is a semiannual survey conducted nationally by BSA to help us get feedback from the most important group of all - our members. This spring's survey will include additional questions seeking opinions about the potential change to the national membership standards that will be considered at the National Annual Meeting in May.
Scouts, their parents, leaders and Chartered Organization Representatives have until February 27th to ensure their up-to-date email address is registered in ScoutNet so that they can participate in this survey. The best way to do this is with the new "MyScouting Tools" at www.MyScouting.org. Individuals can access their own information, but units are also encouraged to collect their members' email addresses so their unit committee chair or unit leader can update address for the entire unit at once.
To access "MyScouting Tools":
- Log into www.MyScouting.org (Note: Minimum browser requirements: Firefox 14, Chrome 21 or Internet Explorer 9.0)
- Click the "MyScouting Tools" link
- Sign in on the MyScouting Tools welcome page
Select your toolkit
- Example: If you are part of a troop, that troop will appear as a toolkit
- Under "My Profile", update your personal contact information. The changes will appear immediately in ScoutNet.
- Unit leaders and committee chairs can use the "Roster Manager" tool to view, export and update contact information for anyone on their unit roster.
On the MyScouting.org main page there is a link to a very useful PowerPoint slide show demonstration. To view this demonstration now click here. As always, your unit commissioner and the Council communications team are available to help.
Voice of the Scout is a very important tool that helps improve the Scouting program. It only works, however, when many people take part. Making sure your contact information is up-to-date is the vital first step to making sure your voice is heard.
© 2013 / www.BoyScouts-NCAC.org
Cub Scout Day at the National Building Museum – March 16
During Cub Scout Day at the National Building Museum, boys can participate in interactive, hands-on activities to earn badges and explore the built environment!
- Work with the American Society of Civil Engineers to build a bridge out of straws;
- Take part in a historical scavenger hunt;
- Construct a crazy catapult;
- Learn how to draw building plans; and
- Design and construct a newspaper chair!
Where: National Building Museum, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20001
When: March 16, 2013; Morning Session 10 am to 1 pm, Afternoon Session 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Cost: $10 per Scout or sibling, free for adults (fee includes a special event patch)
How: Register online at go.nbm.org/scouts
Scout Raft Rally Weekends at Whitewater Challengers are the place to be for your summer adventure! Join us this season for a day, a weekend, or a week of sheer outdoor exhilaration!
Call 800-443-8554 for more information, or visit our website at whitewaterchallengers.com. It’ll be the most fun you’ll have all year!
This message was forwarded to you by a friend. Your name has not been added to a mail list. If you would like to join a topic of interest for this organization click here.