Ten Commandments Hike

  • Alice Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2012
    Second Annual Manassas - Ten Commandments Hike
    Saturday, February 2, 2013 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM

    The Ten Commandments Hike is a circuit hike through the City of Manassas (about 3.5 miles) with stops at five houses of worship.

    At each stop a church representative gives a brief introduction to their particular religious denomination and facilitate an interactive discussion with the Scouts about two of the Ten Commandments.

    The hike is part of the traditional February Scout Sunday/Scout Sabbath celebration.  A Ten Commandments Hike patch will be available to participants completing the hike at a cost of $2.00 for each patch.

    For additional information concerning the hike you can reach Troop/Crew 1188 by contacting Matt Carroll at 703-477-9838.  To register for the hike we need the following information: unit contact information, total number of participants (scouts, leaders, siblings, parents) and type and number of unit.  Just complete and submit the registration form on our website.
    Ten Commandments Hike-Manassas website: